XIV

I walked up the stairs and to the Transfiguration classroom, where McGonagall was sitting at her desk writing on parchment.

"Excuse me professor?" I shyly cooed as I slowly walked in.

Professor McGonagall lifted her head and stopped writing.

"Miss. Abram, aren't you supposed to be in the Great Hall?" She asked.

"Yes, but, I-I was wondering if I have your permission to speak to professor Dumbledore."

"And what is it that you wish to speak to him about?"

"Harry Potter..." I said, almost with a pinch of fear in my tone.

McGonagall raised her eyebrows and nodded quickly.

"Follow me." She said as she walked out of her classroom and up to the seventh floor corridor, and to the end of it where a giant bronze gargoyle stood. It's feathers spread wide out and it's beak up high and proud.

"Sherbet lemon." McGonagall said as she pointed her fingers at the gargoyle.

The gargoyle rumbled and grumbled and started to spin. As it spun, a stone staircase arise from the bottom of the gargoyle.

"Professor Dumbledore should be in his office. If not, he will be with you momentarily." McGonagall said as she quickly walked away.

I slowly and cautiously walked up the staircase, which led me to two double doors that I opened and walked into. The large office had portraits of moving and living-like men and woman. Gadgets and books surrounded the office. A large red Phoenix sat on a rail, curiously staring at my frightened face.

"Who're you?" A man in the portrait spat.

"Are you blind? That's Willow Abram!" A woman shouted across the room.

"No it's not! She doesn't have the scar." He argued.

"Why don't you show him your scar, my dear." She said looking down at me.

"Um...alright then." I showed the man in the portrait her crescent moon scar.

"By golly, it's Willow Abram!" He chuckled.

A giggle escaped my lips.

"Miss. Abram?"

I turned around quickly and saw the headmaster standing there. His long green and purple and black robes dragged on the floor. His long white beard came to his stomach and his long white hair went past his back. His crystal blue eyes twinkled behind his half-moon spectacles.

"I apologize," he said as he walked down the staircase, "I wasn't aware of your presence until I heard my fellow friends calling your name," He smiled, "I am aware now that you must be here for a reason?" He asked.

"Y-yes sir." I quietly said.

"Come," he said as he walked me over to his desk.

He sat down in his big brown leather chair and I cautiously took a seat in the small wooden chair in front of his desk.

"I-I was told about the boy who lived, sir....Harry Potter."

"Ah, yes," he smiled, "Harry Potter. I placed him on the front steps of his current home, you know. In fact, I placed you on the doorstep of your aunt and uncles home." He said.

I stared at him and quickly stood up. It all clicked in my mind within the few seconds I sat there and processed his words.

"It was you! You let me suffer in that home!" I shot up from my seat.