XLI

The holidays were over and everyone was back to their normal routines. Months have gone by now and another school year is coming to a close in just a few days timing.

I was in the Forbidden Forest on a walk with Hagrid.

"I just can't believe it." Hagrid sighed.

"Are you sure Lucius Malfoy told the entire story truthfully?" I asked.

"Well, not much ter' say! Buckbeak is sentenced to death for attacking a student. What could he possibly lie about?"

"Well, Lucius could easily lie about how Draco was hurt. Or how you reacted to the situation."

"Dumbledore told me that all Lucius said was that I was a great old oaf that needs ter' learn ter' control me pets! Then he described the attack. All that was said was that Malfoy broke his arm. Nuttin' majorly harmful."

"So why is Buckbeak sentenced to death? It was an accident and you have witnesses!"

Hagrid and I stopped by a lake. A weeping Hagrid walked straight in the lake and was throwing stones.

"Eh...it'll be alright. Maybe it's for the best." Hagrid mumbled.

"Hagrid, don't talk like that."

He continued to mope, not caving into any sort of positivity I had to offer.

When I was just walking up the hill next to the Whomping Willow, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were running down.

"Willow! Have you seen Hagrid?" Harry asked.

"Yeah he's down by the lake. He's bloody miserable though."

"What? Why?" Hermione asked.

"See for yourself." I huffed and continued walking up the hill. I got to the bridge and stood there, looking out at the scenery and let the calm winds blow through my Crimson  hair and I closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh pine air.

"Enjoying the weather?"

I turned around and smiled when I saw Remus.

"Oh. Yeah."

Remus leaned against the bridge wall next to me.

"You know, your mother used to do the same thing." He said.

I turned to him.

"Remus?"

He looked down at me.

"Could you...possibly tell me-"

"About your parents?"

I nodded.

Remus smiled a bit.

"Come," he said as we walked side-by-side into the castle.

We walked into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and went up into Remus' office.

"Sit," he said as I sat in the chair in front of his desk.

"It just so happens that I have photos to show you." He said as he pulled out two large albums and plopped them in front of me.

I looked at the stack and up to him.

"Go on," he said as he took a seat.

I grabbed the first book and opened it.

"It starts when I was a boy in my third year," Remus said as I noticed the picture of a boy with his Gryffindor robes on, "the picture next to it is-"

"My father and you."

"Correct. And the one next to that picture is Sirius and James and I."

"Harry's father?"

"Correct."

"Where's my mother?"

He flipped the pages a few and stopped when he pointed to a girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes in her Gryffindor robe and holding a white cat.

"Remus, th-that looks..just like-"

"You? I know. You always remind everyone of Bonnie. Of course you have grown beautiful red locks, but the eyes and face are all Bonnie's."

"Is that-?"

"Arthur and Molly? Yes." Remus chuckled.

I laughed as I saw a photo of a ginger boy hugging a short ginger girl with curls in her hair.

"If you like those pictures, you'll love these," he said as he opened the other album to a picture. The picture I lied my eyes on was a picture of a lady with beautiful blonde hair and blue eyes, and a tall man with striking features, spinning and dancing happily with each other in a ballroom.

"Mum...dad..."

I paused, feeling the lump in my throat grow.

"I uhm..I can't..-" I wiped a tear away.

"I know, I know," he said as he closed the albums and put them away, "maybe when you're with Fred and George you'll feel more comfortable." Remus said.

"I don't know, Remus. Just...not now," I insisted as I held my tears behind and scooted the chair back and walked out the door.

"Willow, wait." Remus called.

I turned around.

"Look, I know it's upsetting. But I was only showing you those pictures for a reason," he explained calmly.

"Which is?" I asked.

"The pictures I showed you are, of course, mum and dad," he said as I nodded, "but Peter Pettigrew and Sirius Black are in those pictures, and I was going to lead onto a discussion with you." He explained further.

"Discussion about what?"

"The truth," he sighed.

"Truth? What truth?" I asked.

"The truth about...the pictures," he said with a long sigh before.

"Huh?"

"The pictures, Willow," Remus repeated, "I want you to keep some of them." He insisted with sharp eyes.

"But...why?" I asked with suspicion boiling.

"Look," he said as he power walked to his office, and back with a handful of photos, "I have no time to explain now. Just take them and keep them." He said as he started to leave the classroom.

"But, professor!" I called out.

He had already vanished before I could blink again.