Tell Her

PJ POV-

"Hey O, can I talk to you a sec?"

Livy and Dea had went to sleep and Kenya told me O was in the basement working out.

"You still here?" O said turning off the music.

"Yeah, Dea sorta fell asleep. I didn't want to wake her. I'll just catch an uber back to campus."

"PJ. Please you can stay here. We got guest rooms. We got food. We got clothes. Make yourself at home." He said putting his weights down.

"I appreciate that Odell. But its no problem."

"And its no problem for you to stay here. You don't need to be going that far this time of night. I know you a man and all and can carry your own, but still."

"You're right." I said.

"So what's up?" He sat on a bench and started drinking water.

He pointed to an empty bench across from him to sit. I did but fell off.

He laughed and helped me up. "You okay?"

"Yeah." I wiped myself off.

"PJ calm down. I'm just Odell. Not the football player. Just Odell."

"You're right." I sat this time without falling. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

"What's bothering you?"

"I uh...I'm just going to come out and say it. I love Dea. A lot. She's all I think about. Dream about. She thinks I came to Rutgers because you asked, but it was for her. And she treats me bad, yet I still can't...I just can't...Nevermind. Sorry to bother you."
I got up.

"PJ sit down." O said.

"I just embarrassed myself." I sat down and put my head in my hands.

"You did. But its cute."  O said.

I let out a slight smile.

"So you got it bad huh?" O asked me.

"Yup."

"Like Usher's - You got it, you got it, bad." He sung.

I laughed.

He smirked.

"Not that bad. But bad." I tried to be serious.

"Too bad I can't relate. I don't get excited over chicks." He said drinking his water.

"Oh." I said.

"PJ, its totally a joke. If you would've been here a year ago, to see the drama with me and my wife, you would know, I'm totally lying."

"You and your wife seem to have it together."

"It took a lot to get there." He admitted. 

"That's good to know. I guess I just can't understand, what is it I don't have. Like I try to treat her right. Be there. Do what I think good guys do, and its not enough. But here is Shep, and I know that's your friend so, its no disrespect, but he repeatedly rejects her. Stay posting other women. And all she does is cry about him. To me. And one nice thing he says or does, she's back obsessing over him."

"I don't want to personally defend or speak against Shep. That is my brother. But I will say, I have been Shep. I have been friends with people like them. And its not that their bad people, its a maturity thing. If my wife would've disregarded me in my Shep days, we would not be together. But knowing my past, she still gave me a chance and I changed.

I can't speak on why Anna seems to like Shep more than you, but I do know, you can't take it personal. We like people who don't like us back." He shrugged.

"But we can't take it as an attack on us its not. You continue to the great young man you are. And one day, if its now or later, I hope she opens her eyes. And if not, trust me some young lady will."

I shook my head I understood.

"Either way, if someone doesn't see your value, don't waste time. You too good of a young man to be waiting around. But I suggest just talking to her and telling her, how you feel. Aight?" He stood up and dapped me.

"Yes. Thank you for talking with me. It means alot. I'm the only child so I don't really have people to talk to like this."

"Of course lil bro. Let me show you to the guest room."

And we went upstairs.

Shep POV-

"Shep, I had to listen to O all yesterday. And Anna all today, talk  and cry about you and your snapchat chronicles.  Just cut off all contact." Kenya was in my kitchen, while I made my green smoothie.

She said she wanted to talk to me.

"Because it's causing to much drama in my house. I don't want tension between her and O. I don't want tension between you and O. And I don't want to be caught in the middle. We have too much history with you, to lose it. Especially if you are not feeling Deanna like that. Just let it go. Hi, bye. You see us. That's it. Stop calling her. Coming to see her. Taking her out. Kissing her. All things in her mind, that make her think its leading somewhere when its not." She ate some apples and caramel, off this fruit tray I picked up.

I was silent.

"Are you listening Shep?" She said chewing.

"Yeah, I heard you." I poured the green drink from the blender into the cup.

"I cannot see how you and O drink that." She made a disgusted face as I drank it.

"So what do you have to say about all of this?" She said eating more apples and caramel.

I didn't say anything until I finished my drink.

"I can't do that." I washed out my cup.

"What do you mean, you can't do that? You're not doing it on purpose, but in a way you're creating false hope." She said chewing.

"It's not false hope." I started washing out the blender.

"Then what is it Shep?" She rolled her eyes.

"I want her." I said quickly.

The silence caused me to turn around.

"You what?" K said shocked.

"I want her." I sighed and rubbed my hands down my face. Sorta taking off guard I admitted that out loud.

"Then why do you keep rejecting her and parading your Bianca clones."

"Them girls just..." I waved. "And I'm just freaked out."

"About what?"

"That I'm going to hurt her. That she's gonna fall for me. And I'm for her. And then, I'mma just fuck up. And I'm not going to be able to live with myself. Cause she don't deserve that. And then on top of that, with me and O. It makes it harder because O is my brother. And he always talks about snakes and I don't want to be that to him." I sighed.

"How long have you liked her like this?"

"We had this moment in the car, when I came to visit her after this first argument we had. That's when I started feeling something. And its only grown since then. And then seeing her with PJ knowing she dated him, just irritates my soul." I rolled my eyes.

"You need to have an honest conversation with her. And from there, whatever happens O will just have to accept. And I think you're not giving yourself enough credit, if you really like her, you will work overtime to change. If you're not willing to do that, then promise me you'll let it go." She looked at me.

I was silent for a minute, then said..."promise."

She got up and walked out. I softly hit my ahead against the door. I had decisions to make.

Anybody know how to add your own book, to your library. It won't let me do it with this one