Nashville

Deanna POV-

"It came." I held my mail I had received from Vanderbilt Med School in Nashville, TN. That's where I had my sights set on after graduation.

I was in my senior year at LSU and I was just so ready to get out of Baton Rouge.

My only sanity these last three years was my baby.

"You open it." I handed him the letter. He was laid across our bed shirtless, with the covers covering his torso. His hair messily, yet looking beautifully all over the place.

 His hair messily, yet looking beautifully all over the place

He took the letter. "Let's see here."

I sat on the edge of my bed with my ears covered.

"How you supposed to hear Choc?" He laughed.

He called me Choc as a nickname because he said my skin was a beautiful
Chocolate color.

"Just read it, then let me know." I continued to cover my ears and close my eyes.

"I'm opening it Choc." He opened the envelope.

I heard some mumbling as he read along, then silence. I turned my head toward him with one eye opened and my ears still covered.

He folded the letter up and put it back in the envelope.

"They don't know nothing." He waved it off and threw it on the bed.

"It's a denial?" I removed my hands from my ears.

"Choc forget them fools." He waved it off again.

I quickly got the envelope. How could they deny me? I was graduating at the top of my class. I aced the Med School exam and had superior recommendations.

I nervously opened the envelop.

I began to read the letter.

"August!" I yelled.

He started to bust up.

I got a pillow and started to hit him with it. I had got in! I was going to medical school. At Vanderbilt no less!

"Hey stop na'." He said in his thick NOLA accent when my hits were being taken to far.

"Why would you lie?" I rolled my eyes and gave him one last hit.

He combed his fingers through his hair.

"Create some suspense.

"We are not in a friggin movie fool." I chuckled.

"We could be tho."