Shine Together

Deanna POV:

I posted a pic on Instagram with the caption

This is the worst day ever. Happy 19th Birthday to me. 😔

That's exactly how my tears felt. Like acid, burning holes in my cheeks. I couldn't make it home last night. I was too weak.

Kenya and O, put Livy and K-Man in the car and came and got me. And Kenya drove me home. O drove their car back.

I felt so betrayed. So hurt. So lost.

My phone buzzed with a notification from Instagram.

I looked and it was the girl from last night. She sent me a dm.

Hey Deanna, I just wanted to apologize a million times over. No girl deserves what he did. No girl. I have had my share of heartbreak and I know exactly, what you're going through. I thought he was different, but I guess not. I want you to know, I would never knowingly go out with him if I knew he had a girl. And I know you don't know me that well, but I would love to do something with you for your birthday. You don't deserve to be heartbroken on your special day. If not, that's cool too. Just let me know. Are you a student at Rutgers?

- Anais

I responded:

Hey Anais, I appreciate you reaching out. And I would love to hang out. I have nothing planned. Yes I go to Rutgers, but I don't live on campus. I'm in Rutherford. But I can meet you.

She responded:

Cool. Do you like Migos. Their gonna be doing a concert later here. I could get us tickets?

I responded:

That works. Thank you.

She responded:

Great! Stop crying and get ready for this lituation later. 😂😂

I responded:

I will. 😂

She responded:

Plug my number in 323-678-9898

I responded:

Ok here's mine see you later 225-345-8967

She responded:

😎

I wiped my eyes and decided I was going to have fun regardless of these idiots, that weren't worth my tears.