Bimbo

Deanna POV-

"Babe you not gon even try to talk to Kenya?" Shep came in the room and laid on the bed as I was doing my homework on the bed.

"No. I'm done with her." I put my notepad and book on his stomach and continued to write.

He rolled his eyes.

"That's petty Anna."

"How is it petty when she basically called me a dumb bimbo Shep?" I defended my decision to ignore K.

"Did she say that?" He looked at me.

"Not per se. But that's what she meant."

"Deanna, Kenya is your sister."

"So? Would a sister say what she said to me?" I sat up. "Talking about some, "I'm stupid and just happy you gave me the time of day. Hmf." I huffed.

He rubbed his head like he had a headache.

"Nothing about that was sisterly. And it hurt me, because out of everybody in the world I love my sister. Do you know  how I excited I felt when I found out I had one. And not only had one, but she was like this amazingly successful one. Growing up with my brothers, I just always felt if I had a sister life would be better. And I get one and she thinks I'm stupid and a bimbo."

"She doesn't feel that way Deanna."

"Then why did she say it Sterling? I confided in her ever since I saw you about how much I liked you and this whole time that's what she thought of me."

"You said you heard her talking about she could possible lose a relationship with your dad--"

"Do you think I would purposely want their relationship to fail?"

"No, but from what you say about him it might. And like she said, you had a dad your whole life--"

"So you're agreeing with her?" I folded my arms.

"No, but I am saying, coming from somebody whose dad died when he was young, I know what that emptiness feels like. And its easy to say, well if it does fail, oh she can suck it up because she already lived without him. But its not that easy. Imagine if anyone of your parents were ripped away, and then you get more time with them and as soon as its done, their gone again. That is traumatic and heartbreaking Deanna. I feel like that everytime I dream about my dad and wake up and realize its just a dream."

"But I didn't do it on purpose Shep. Just..." I started to cry. "I just wish I could disappear. Once I cross one hump, others keep coming. I just..."

"Deanna, of course you didn't. Kenya knows that. She was frustrated. She spoke out of anger and fear. It happens with siblings. Hell, you see how Ray and Toya treat me. But it doesn't bother me, because at the end of the day I know regardless how much me and Ray or Toya fight, they have my back. Just like Kenya has yours. Her and O have proved that." He motioned for me to lay on his chest.

I did.

"Stop ignoring her and talk to her babe. You don't want your sisterhood to break due to this. With this baby, we gon need all hands on deck. Cause I certainly don't know what the hell I'm doing."

I laughed and looked at him.

He smirked.

"And plus you want Liv and K-Man to grow up with their cousin. You don't want to break the relationship, where they are separated."

"Yeah you're right. Thank you baby for perspective."

Odell POV-