Thin Mint

Deanna POV-

I walked to the car, where my dad sat in the driver's seat. My body numb from what just happened. My mind blank. I was emotionless.

No tears left. No feeling. I might has well been dead like my baby, that was taken from me today.

"You'll thank me for this later." My dad said as we drove away from the clinic.

I protested, but the truth was I was afraid of my father. When he said jump I obeyed.

He made the choice to drag me to the clinic, my mother tried to stop him but she couldn't.

"Kenya wants to see you ruin your life Baby Doll. She wants to take her anger out on me, on you. A form of payback. But that's not gon happen. You gon be just as successful if not more than she is, you hear me?" He looked over at me.

I didn't respond. I just stared out the window.

"You'll understand in time Baby Doll." He rubbed my shoulder.

"You gon come back here. Go to LSU and you'll understand." He reassured me.

The words went in one ear and out the other. I just continued to stare out the window.

Though we passed trees, all I saw was grey. Color had left my eyes. Feelings left my heart.

My baby was gone and I did not stand up for her or him. I would have to live with that regret for the rest of my life.

Kenya POV-

"Kenya baby, I'm sorry." Odell came into my home office.

"What for?" I said not looking up from reading over some product contracts.

"Don't do that."

"Do what Odell?" I didn't look up.

"You know what I'm talking about."

"Actually I don't, because I'm fine. Honestly."

"No you're not."

"Odell, how are you gonna tell me how I feel? I am fine." I looked up.

"Have you called Deanna?"

"She's not my problem anymore." I looked backed down at my work.

Odell shook his head. "Even if he doesn't want you around. Anna needs her big sister."

"It's been three days and she hasn't even sent a text. I'm done with them all, except Trevante. I have you, I have my kids, I have my business. Respect my decision Odell."

"Whatever Kenya." He walked out.

"Mommy." Livy ran in my office.

"Stop running Livy." I looked at her she stopped.

"What is it baby?" I picked her up and put her on my lap.

"Where T T Anna?" She had one finger in her mouth.

"I don't know Livy." I sighed and went back to reading my contracts.