Suspicious

Deanna POV-

"What you want baby?" Aug asked me as we entered this restaurant call Julies.

"The shrimp po'boy with fries."

"Yeah, can I get her the Shrimp Po'boy combo, and get me the Blackened catfish with grits."

"Alright. That's gonna be 15.22." The cashier said.

Aug handed her the money. She gave him his change and handed us two cups for our drinks.

We went to the drink machine.

"You are such a kid." I laughed and rolled my eyes as he made a suicide mixing all the drinks. He always does that.

I got my Sprite.

"You too fucking drove bruh." I heard a guy with a thick new orleans accent say laughing as he entered. He ordered two po'boy combos. I thought nothing of it.

Until, I saw Aug look over, then sigh.

He told me. "Go sit down."

My heart sped up a beat as I saw two twins with dreads, walk toward Aug.

I knew they had to be apart of the gang he was he was survelliancing

I knew they had to be apart of the gang he was he was survelliancing. The question was, why were they out here?

Aug took pre cautious means to protect me. We never hung out too much publicly when he was under (thats what they call under cover missions. Going under). And if we did, it was always some place far out. Like today.

He also never came straight home, but to a decoy apartment in the area he was assigned, in case they followed him home.

I found a table and sat facing them. I tried to scroll through my phone and not look up too often, but the way they were standing on either side of him, made me nervous.

My only relief was when Aug was talking to them and they began to laugh like old friends.

However, it all stared back up, when they walked toward the table.

Be cool Deanna I told myself. Aug always taught me that if we ever get in this situation to stay calm because they can read body language and it will blow his cover. And remember the name and back story we created. We never wanted to give out our real info. So we decided on a mutual story.

"How yo skinny ass get a thick one like this one Dro." One of the twins said smiling at me. Aug's street name for this mission was Dro.

"This pretty lil lady need somebody that can handle her like me. How you doing miss lady?" He grabbed my hand and was about to kiss it until I snatched it away.

"You got her trained bruh." He laughed.

The other one just kept staring at me suspiciously.

"Shouldn't a bitch, respect her man enough to do that?" Aug said sitting down.