Teach Me

Deanna POV-

Shep and I were in his room, cuddled up just watching movies. And I thought this was a good time to tell him something that had been bothering me.

"Can I talk to you baby about something?" I turned to look at him.

We were nose to nose and my leg was in between his. His hand rested on my butt.

"What's up?"

"You do something that bothers me."

He gave me a puzzled look.

"What?" He sorta let out a chuckle.

"Sometimes you make jokes about my weight. Like today in the car you said, I can't fit between you and the steering wheel."

"You got on my height tho?" He let out a laugh.

"I know, but then you said your legs were sleep after I sat on your lap."

"Anna I be playing. I love you, and accept you fully."

"I know, but it still makes me feel some type of way. Because they say the truth is couched in jokes."

"Well you know what, I am very sorry. You know me and Ray, we go hard back and forth. Been doing that since we were kids. But I know you're not Ray. You're my heart and I take full ownership of me doing that, and I won't do it again and thank you for bringing it to my attention because I never want you to feel like I have a problem with your body. I don't just accept it, I love you because of it." He looked me in my eyes.

I smiled at him. "That means a lot to me baby. I don't mean to be sensitive but it just hurts coming from you sometimes."

"You're not being sensitive its a legitimate point. I never want you to be physically insecure because of me. I want you to be 100 % comfortable, protected and safe with me, knowing if no one else adores your body, I do. Aight?"

"Yes." I blushed.

He kissed my forehead.

"Is there anything else I do to hurt you? I won't know unless you tell me?"

"No. You are perfect. The gifts. How you surprise me and spend a lot of time with me. The text throughout the day. It makes me feel so loved and special."

"Well never be afraid to come to me like you did and tell me when I'm fucking up. I'm not perfect, and in order for me to be the best for you, sometimes you have to teach me what to do. I'm new to this commitment stuff, and I want to get it right for you."

"And you are. I heard O joke with Kenya that you act like Eli now." I chuckled.

"How?" He said confused.

"Because O was saying Eli always serious in the lockerroom. Other folks be acting silly and stuff. And Eli just come and do his job and leave to be with his family. And he said you been doing that after practice and stuff. You don't hang around anymore."

"Oh yeah. I don't have a reason to really anymore. And the people I used to kick it with not really on, what I'm on. And I'm not gon let them get me caught up. They do the same shit again and again. Shit gets played after a while you know?"

"Yeah. Am I a good girlfriend? You know I'm new to this too." I looked at him wanting an honest answer.

"What?" He scrunched his face. "Like thats not a question. Yes you're an amazing girlfriend. The corny but cute at home dates, like the chocolate tasting. How you spoil me. Like of course."

"Is it something I do you don't like?"

"You snore."

"No I don't." I laughed.

He smacked his lips. "I have never heard nobody snore as hard as you in my life."

"Whatever."

"Aight one night imma record you. So you can hear how loud it is."

"I guess." I laughed.

"And you have a habit of moving my stuff."

"No I don't move it Shep, I clean it. You are so disorganized."

"But I can find my stuff in my disorganization. Then you come, try to organize and I can't find it."

"I'm not finna leave our house dirty."

"Skrrrrt. Our?"

"Yes our." I laughed.

"What bill you pay? Mortgage? Lights? Gas? You don't even buy me a pack of ramen noodles."

"I'm a broke college student."

"Ramen a dollar tho?"

"Shep." I stale faced him. "I cook for you on game days."

"With food I bought tho."

"What do you want me to do?" I chuckled.

"Just know when we get there." He said.

"Where is there?"

"You know where there is. You gotta earn your keep. This the Trump era. Ain't nothing for free. I take ass, breast, lips."

"You are so annoying." I put a pillow over his face.

"Yeahhhh, you thought it was sweet." He moved the pillow.

"You better hope you get this cookie."

"Oh Im gonna get the whole bakery. Cookie, cake, pies." He tickled me.

I screamed with laughter and hit him to get off.

"Goodnight Shep." I laughed and kissed him.

And we drifted off to sleep.

Yall look at how he imitate Odell pre-game. Odell do be like this. And saw on  Rashad snap, him and sterling together today. 😂😂