Divorce

Kenya POV-

"We can divide all the assets equally. The property. The business earnings."

"Wait, what?" I asked my attorney.

"Odell wants half of Karol's Cosmetics business earnings." 

"Odell didn't lift a finger to help build my company. Therefore, Odell isn't entitled to my money."

"He's willing to give you half his endorsement earnings."

"I don't want them. Just like he shouldn't want my earnings."

My lawyer sighed. "Kenya, if we don't agree to some type of settlement with Odell, this is gonna be dragged out in court."

"Let it drag out. I'm not agreeing to this bullshit ass settlement. He can file for a divorce, but he better believe he will not control the outcome."

"He also wants primary custody of the children."

I laughed. "This is a joke. This is a fucking joke."

"He has a good case Kenya."

"How so?"

"He said you haven't has full contact with them since last summer, and when they are in your care, a nanny takes care of them."

"I have a fucking global brand to run. Don't shame me because I'm not some stay at home mom. My kids understand that. Men do this shit all the time. Run companies and are never at home. And people look at them in awe, but you look down on me in shame? It's  bullshit."

"Kenya he has a winning case."

"Find a way for him to lose it, or you're fired." I gave a fake smile, and left the office.

I immediately and got in the car and drove to my sons pop-warner football game. The little league for football.

As I parked and tried to rush over, I noticed people leaving.

"Did I miss it?" I asked someone leaving the stadium.

"Unfortunately. But the Knights won if you wanted to know."

"Thank you."  I smiled.

"Sure no problem." They smiled back and left.

I went over to my K-Man. "I reach back like one, three. Like one, three." I picked up my baby who had on a 13 jersey, up from behind kissed all over his face.

"Mommy." He chuckled. Wiping my kisses off.

"Don't wipe off my suga." I put him down.

"Mommy you should've seen K-Man he was just as good as daddy." Livy ran up to me and hugged me.

"I can imagine. Sorry I missed it baby. Mommy had..."

"Work." K-Man finished my sentence with a sad expression. "Next time."

"K-Man." Odell called Kenyon. "Come here boy."

Kenyon ran to Odell and they did a handshake and dance like Odell does with the other Giants players. But this one was especially for father and son.

"Mommy can me and K-Man stay with you tonight?" Livy asked.

"I'm sorry baby, I have a flight to London tomorrow."

"But you just came from out of town." She whined.

"I know. I know. But mommy is getting a really big opportunity out there and she has to go. She's doing all of this for you. So when you grow big, you'll have the company with grandma's name. Understand?"

"Yes mommy."

"Alright." I hugged her.

-------

"You can disappoint me. But my fucking kids!? My kids Kenya!?" Me and Odell were arguing outside of what used to be our house.

"I had to work Odell what did you want me to do?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "I'm so glad I filed for a divorce. Now you can marry your work since that's who you want to be with it."

"Yes, we need to talk about that. Where do you get off thinking you're owed money from my  company?"

"I helped you Kenya. I set up the endorsement with Cam. When the Target execs wasn't even interested in your ass, I came in there a demand that they listened. Newsflash you hired me as your business partner."

"You're not entitled to my money Odell."

"I'm entitled to that money. Just like I am my children."

"I'm not giving you primary custody."

"You don't have to give me anything. The judge will. When was the last time you took them to school? Livy to Dance? Showed up to Kenyon's football games? You go on and on about you work. I work too. Travel too. And I still make sure I show up for my kids. "

"You play football. It doesnt take rocket science to do that. Half of you don't have brains anyway. My work? Requires real commitment. Real brain power."

He just laughed.

"You let this stuff with Deanna change you. Work for you, isn't work. It's an addiction, like drugs, so you can hide the fact that you're really hurting. And I wanted to be there for ya Kenya. I wanted us to all heal from this, but you wouldn't let me. You chose work instead. So enjoy work. While I enjoy my family." And just like that he closed the door on my face.

----

I know its short. More soon to come and just updated a chapter before this so stop being greedy.

Also, a reader voice concerned with why Shep was spiraling out of control and Deanna was happy.

I'm so happy I have smart readers who can articulate things so I don't have too.

Read the below comment. I love when readers get stuff. I hope y'all don't mind when I post your comments, but some of you, whether I agree or not, make beautiful points. Yall smart analytical asses better be getting Straight A's lol.