Intriguing

Deanna POV-

"If she say something out of line, I will check her. I promise." Shep said as we went into the Starbucks on campus.

Toya wanted to meet with me, before I had class because Shep and her had to travel to DC for his court date and she needed my side of the story.

Although if she wasn't so busy yelling she could've been had it.

I wanted to go with them, but Shep said I didn't need to miss school.

"Okay." I said as we found a table.

"You want something?" Shep asked as we sat down.

"No I'm good."

The door opened and Toya looked to find us. Shep raised his hand and motioned for her to come over. She saw us and walked over.

"I'm going to start this by saying don't disrespect her. Ask what you need to ask, then she gotta go." Shep let her know upfront.

Toya rolled her eyes and sat down. She opened her brief case and took out a notepad.

"So tell me from the beginning what happened?" She said readying her pen to write.

"Me and my friend Anais wanted to surprise Shep and Otto. So Kenya and O bought us tickets to DC. We went to their hotel. O knew we were coming but not Shep and Otto." I said nervous.

"I don't need that far back. To the part where you encountered Terrance."
She said annoyed.

"Oh." I said. She didn't say that before.

"Toya don't." Shep said equally annoyed at her.

"Did you know TD before?" She sighed.

"No."

"Never seen him?"

"No, not before that time."

"So you guys never had a conversation?"

"What part of no don't you get?" Shep said.

"I have to make sure I ask. Let me do my job. I got this." She snapped, but her expression changed when the door opened.

Dr. Jennings walked through looking more dapper than usual. Anais would shit her pants if she saw him right now.

"Can I get an Iced Caramel Latte?" Dr

"Can I get an Iced Caramel Latte?" Dr. Jennings ordered at the counter.

"Where was I?" She said, shuffling her papers around.

"I don't know you got this remember? Maybe if you stop drooling, you would know." Shep snapped.

"First off, Letoya Yvonne Shepard drools over no man. Please." She rolled her eyes and gathered her papers, taking quick glances at Dr. Jennings.