Will Come Back

Deanna POV-

I had made my thin mint, a romantic brunch. He had worked super late yesterday on his undercover assignment, and while he was knocked out, I filled the room with red and white balloons.

I made all his favorite breakfast foods. Steak, eggs, grits and smothered potatoes. I put it on a trey, with a fruit salad I made and his favorite wine and I served it to him.

I also tried to you know, show out with how I served it to him. See the below ensemble. No robe mind you.

But he was less concerned with me and instead was focused on his food

"Why are you staring at me?" He said cutting a piece of steak and eating it.

"Because you are the greediest skinniest person I know. I served you breakfast practically naked and you haven't looked up from that plate not once."

"Choc, you cooked me breakfast. You want it to go cold?" He said smacking trying to be funny.

If there was one thing he loved more than me it was food. He would stop sex, if somebody brought him a good meal. 🙄

"I think you have a tapeworm." I said looking at him eat.

"Why you say that?" He said smacking.

"Because you legit eat everything and gain not even a pound."

I was a little jealous to be honest.

"That's cause it all goes to my Home Depot."

I rolled my eyes and laughed, sitting Indian style on the bed.

"And what's that?" I said already knowing the answer.

"This good wood." He said drinking some wine.

"Oh my God." I cracked up.

He smirked, then went back to eating.

I laid across the bed looking at him.

"What I do to deserve this good breakfast? Any other time its no Aug, I'm studying. Like you can't separate me food, I can separate you from a book." He said.

"Real funny. But I wanted to thank you for all you've done for me these past three years. I have never been loved the way you loved me. I was so broken after what happened. But you were patient with me, you got me into God more fully and were a big part of my healing. You were the best thing that happened to me. Which is why..." I got a gift bag from underneath the bed.

"I wanted to give this to you." I handed it to him.

"What I tell you about buying me gifts? Save your money for when you move."

"I know baby. But you needed this."

He sighed and reluctantly took it.