Our Own Story

Shep POV-

If you look at the tape, you can see the nervousness in my eyes as the sports reporter, told the cameras to roll and began my postgame interview.

"Shep today you had your best game of the season and I would go as far as your career. Three touchdowns. 300 yards. Beating Odell's record for most yards in a single game. What was your motivation behind that?" He put the mic to my mouth.

"Well you know, I've had a chip on my shoulder since I got cut from the team last month. Wanting to prove to myself, the Giants fans and the Giants organization why I belong here. In addition to a little personal motivation that took my game to another level."

"Can you explain what you mean by personal motivation?"

"Just my "why" for playing is different now. The "why" a person plays dictates their game. People who play simply for entertainment or money, play different from people who play to survive or so they maintain their spot on team. If your spot is safe, I'm not saying you don't play hard. But the man, who could get cut next week is going to play a little harder, because his livelihood is on the line."

"Yeah, but your spot is safe. But you played like it was on the line." He let out a slight chuckle.

"Yeah, but I'm learning this game is not just about me. So when I'm running till my legs give out. Or trying to make as many plays as I can to win, I'm doing it for the people that depend on me. They are my why."

"You're sure its not the Christmas cleats?" He had the camera pan down to my cleats.

(These are actually Odell's
Cleats)

(These are actually Odell'sCleats)

I laughed. "Maybe that too."

"Why Christmas cleats in November? Isn't that  bit much?" He looked at me like man come on.

"They represent how gifts can come unexpected. We plan to get gifts on Christmas because that's a specific designated date. But it doesn't always work out that way. So we have to learn to accept them when they come, whether they come early or late."