Game Day

Deanna POV-

"I take it you're not going to the game today?" K came to my door, with Livy and K-Man decked out in their Giants gear, with their dad's number on it.

"Why would I go Kenya?" I rolled my eyes.

"Anais is going."

"Okay, thats Anais. I don't want to see Shep. He lives right next door to me and hasn't said anything for the past three days. He hasn't texted me. He hasn't called. I'm over it. I'm fine. I know my path and I'mma focus on that."

She sighed. "I know you didn't want me to tell O about how he was acting, but O needs to address this."

"No K. I don't need you or O fighting my battles. Somebody shouldn't have to make him do something, he should automatically be doing. Just leave it alone."

She sighed and shook her head. "I'mma do that for now, but he has a week. And if he doesn't shape up, I'm telling O do you hear me?"

"Yeah Kenya." I said irritated.

"And we still have to tell daddy."

"I know."

"But I at least wanted Shep to go with you, so dad will know you not just out here." She said.

"If he doesn't oh well."

"Come on Livy." She grabbed Livy and took K-Man who was in her arms and left.

Shep POV-

I saw O come through the door of the locker room and quickly stood up, pretending to look in my locker to avoid facing him.

I hoped he walked by without saying anything, since his locker was further down from mine.

But I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Shep." He said.

"Oh hey." I continued to look in my locker.

"You ain't been around the house?" He said putting on his undershirt.

"Had some things I needed to take care of." I swallowed hard.

"Oh yeah? I hope those things included your family business?" O looked around being discrete as to not air out our business amongst our teammates.

"Yeah it did." I sat down on my stool and put on my socks.

"Cause I know my brother ain't one of them dudes." He eyed me putting on deodorant.

" I know my brother who I vouched for and put my own spot on the line, when he almost lost his spot, ain't that type of dude. Especially to his brother's family. A family he claims he loves."

I took a moment to find the words. The way he said it was almost threatening, but seemed calm enough to an outsider to think things were normal.

I cleared my throat, as some guys walked by going to their lockers. "That ain't me."

He looked at me for a moment, with an almost death stare. He bent down and got close enough to my ear so other people couldn't hear.