Sitting With Jesus

Deanna POV-

"Dr. J why are you wasting your time on her, when you could have me?" Anais said as we sat at the Union eating lunch with Dr. Jennings.

"Don't you got a whole man?" He asked her, eating some salmon and broccoli.

"Yup." She said chewing on her fries.

He shook his head and rolled his eyes as he chewed.

I laughed at them.

"You are in a much brighter mood." Dr. J looked at me.

"Yasss." I said blushing. "You were right. Its all working out."

After Cro agreed to testify against TD about what happened, TD dropped the charges against Shep, and they agreed to a cash settlement.

Toya and Shep were still negotiating with him about the amount, but that was one less black cloud in our sky.

And...the Jets were in negotiation for Shep now. Which is awesome because they play at the same stadium as the Giants, so he doesn't have to move.

He just won't be able to play with O and his other friends anymore, which he's sorta sad about, but we'll get through it.

"God was right. Not me. I was only telling you what he already wrote." Dr. J said drinking his water.

"How do you come up with this stuff?" Anais said.

"What stuff?" He raised his brow confused.

"Like always know the perfect things to say." She said chewing on her burger.

He shrugged. "I just got it like that."

Anais stale faced him.

I laughed.

"So where you taking Lucifer?" Anais asked. "I think you should drop her in a ditch and say she fell. That would be the perfect date." She said drinking her pop.

I covered my mouth and let out a laugh.

Yes him and Toya were going out tonight.

"Dr. J she doesn't deserve you. I do." She patted her heart.

"How do you deal with her?" He looked at me shaking his head.

"As your friends we're saying don't do it." Anais said, chewing on fries.

"Friends?" He said scrunching his face.

"Yes, friends. You're apart of our squad now." She patted his hand.

He removed it.

I laughed.

"You give us advice. We give you advice." Anais said eating her burger.

"And what advice can I get from two people who ain't 20 yet?"

"Humble yourself Dr. J. We're wise for our age. And we can teach you a lot, like how not to ruin your life by dating Lucifer. She's mean. She's loud. She says anything that comes to her mind."