No Lacking

Read the thin mint chapter before this

Deanna POV-

I refused to go home. But I also needed time to process how I would break the news to Shep.

I had literally driven to a nearby Walmart parking lot, fell asleep and didn't wake up I was so exhausted from everything.

I had no phone. No money. But the loud growl in my stomach told me I needed to get something to eat and fast.

I looked around my mom's car for loose change and was able to come up with a dollar in nickels and dimes.

Walmart had  to have something I could get. I went in and the cheapest place in America seemed like Whole Foods with only a dollar.

I settled on a candy bar. 1.10, the lady told me my total.

I gave her the clump of change hoping she wouldn't notice I didn't have ten cents.

She did.

I looked in my pockets for change I didn't have.

"Holding up the fucking line for 10 cent?" An impatient customer said behind me.

"Never mind." I told the cashier with tears in my eyes. I quickly wiped my eyes but bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I looked up and saw Thin Mint, who wore glasses in the day and night like a loser.

He handed the lady 10 cent.

"Why you didn't tell me you needed taxes to? You know how women are." He told the cashier, playing as though he was my man. "That's all you need baybeh?" He looked at me.

"Thank you." I told the cashier and took the candy bar, brushing pass him.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, then he walked in front of me.

"Thank you is the word." He said like I was a child.

"Thank you." I tried to leave, he wouldn't let me.

A brand new Tesla was parked in a handicap spot. He pressed the button to open the door, then reached in and handed me a McDonalds bag.

"I'm not homeless. Thank you very much." I rolled my eyes.

"That's the reason you sleeping in that car over there?" He pointed to my mother's car.

I immediately began to get scared. Was he following me.

"How did you know that?"

"I got eyes everywhere." He leaned against his car and folded his arms. "Who sent you?"

"What are you talking about?" I said with an attitude.

He laughed, then wiped his hand down his face. Then went serious.

"Do you know I can end your life right here in this Walmart parking lot? Don't play with me sweetheart. I don't want to, but if its my life or yours, bets believe I'm taking yours." He pointed at me.