Devil In The Gray Hoodie

Shep POV-

"The universe just keeps putting us together." Chanel came and sat next to me.

I swear the devil cannot stand to see you happy. I came to enjoy a basketball with Otto and here comes the devil in the gray hoodie.

"Otto switch seats with me."

"Unh-Unh Anais aint catching me on camera sitting next to no woman." He said smacking on nachos.

I rolled my eyes.

And just my luck, the kiss camera immediately panned to me and her.

People started cheering my name. I laughed looking up from the uncomfortablitity  but as soon as this shit was over I was moving my seat.

"For old time sake she said." Smiling and looking at me, pointing to the jumbotron.

The crowd egged us on. I shook my head no.

The camera eventually moved.

"You bogus as shit man." I told Otto then left out.

I wasn't even in the mood to watch the game anymore.

I heard heels clacking behind me. I turned back to see her following me.

"Shep wait." I walked even faster to my car.

She quickly ran even in heels. I forgot she ran track back in the day.

She stood in front of my car door.

"Move." I told her not playing.

"You cannot hold something against me that happened in high school. I was what? 16? 17."

"Chanel move."

"No. Not until I know we're good."

"That won't ever happen."

"I know deep down you still love me. Just as I you. We were each others first loves. I don't care who you have after that, you never forget your first."

"No, but its not the first that counts. Its the last. I got a girl, I love very much. And if I can help it, there won't be another after her, because I'mma make her my last. Stay the fuck away from me." I pushed her off my car, got in and drove away.

Deanna POV-

"Y'all ain't doing no studying. Y'all in here talking." Dr. Jennings playfully looked like he was being nosey, at our table in the library. Me and Anais wanted to go to the game with Shep and Otto, but school was kicking our ass already. 🙄

"Yeah, we was talking about how I can switch doctors." Anais said.

She was so annoying and bold.

Dr. Jennings chuckled. "Who your doctor?"

"Some lady. She old. I prefer a young, fine one."

"Oh my god." I shook my head. She was so embarrassing. I just kept writing.

"And that's exactly why I'm not your doctor. I'm there to provide healthcare, not eye candy."

"There's nothing wrong with both."

"Focus on passing psychology. Books first, boys last. Right miss confused?"

"I'm so focused on my books, I don't know either of you." I ignored them both.

"Be more like your friend." He patted me on the shoulder and walked away.

"Dr. Jennings, I need a pat too." Anais said being silly.