Trust Me

Deanna POV-

Toya was gone out with Dr. Jennings, and Shep had some appearances he had to make.

I thought this would be the perfect time to make things up to him. Especially since this weekend, I would be watching the kids, so we wouldn't be able to do anything.

We still hadn't spoke after the interview. He was ignoring me. 🙄

I had texted him yesterday after the interview to tell him how much I loved him and I was sorry. I got no response. Nor did he pick up my calls.

But I was convinced my "surprise" would change his anger towards me.

I had a key still to his house, so when he left, I went over.

My idea was to give him a bath, then ya know, let that lead us to the next thing.

The whole entire time I was preparing his bath, I was shaking with nervousness.

For several reasons. One, I don't like him being mad at me. And because he was ignoring me, I didn't know how he would react.

And two, it was actually happening. It as in, for the first time in my life I was allowing someone to enter my sacred space.

I had dreamed about it. Fantasied about it. What it would feel like? Who it would be with? Where?

And although apart of me was excited, especially because it would be with Shep, a big part of me was super duper nervous.

All of my insecurities rushed through my brain. Anna you look stupid in the lingerie take it off.

Anna Shep has slept with some of the most beautiful women, he's gonna look at you and immediately be turned off.

Anna you don't know what you're doing, you can't please him. He's definitely gonna be unsatisfied and find someone else.

Just give it up girl my brain kept telling me.

I sighed and sat on the edge of the tub, holding the bowl of rose petals in my hand, looking at myself in the mirror across from it.

Anna this man risked his whole career for you, don't be silly. I said out loud.

That was the reassurance I needed to continue my surprise.

I looked back at my finished product.

I heard Mason barking, which meant Shep was coming through the front door

I heard Mason barking, which meant Shep was coming through the front door. I quickly closed the door, threw on Shep's robe and walked to greet him.