15

Hey Lovelies!!

Enjoy this long chapter...

And don't forget to share your comments on it 😉😉

Happy reading!

Jenny

Once Ryan left I kept myself busy in household work, I did laundry after preparing lunch, then cleaned the house and finally rearranged my wardrobe, I felt like an exhausted housewife but the day is not finished yet. Its good in office, time flies faster than home, yep this is my home for 11 months. This is hard to believe I have completed a month with Ryan and away from James. The reminder of James always made me sad, I miss his nonstop talks and his flattering way of wooing me. I dialed his number desperately and once again it went to voicemail. I sighed clutching the phone to my heart.

"Missing someone?" I quailed with the sudden noise, I saw very amused Amy standing by me.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I shouted on Amy putting hand on my chest controlling my speedy heartbeats, I smiled looking at the cute pout on Amy's pretty face.

"I thought you'd be happy to see me." she said frowning at me.

"You know I am" I pinched her cheeks lovingly, she smiled adorably.

"I am very upset with you Jenny, you hid such a big thing from me" her face suddenly lost the softness.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"You didn't tell me about Steve, that bastard tried to mistreat you" she gritted. My heart dropped with the reminder of that painful night, Gosh why everybody has to know about that night. Amy rubbed my shoulder tenderly, she must have caught my thought.

"Don't worry, it's not your fault" I gave her my weak nod.

"How did you know that?" I asked sitting on the couch.

"Alex told me everything, I wanna beat the shit out of him but I'm happy Ryan has already taken the matter into his hand." She said proudly, I didn't understand.

"What do you mean, I lost you Amy" I genuinely don't understand what does she mean by Ryan has already taken care, as if he cares about me.

"Don't tell me you didn't know that Ryan has knocked him down half dead when he got to know his cheap action." Then Amy told me word to word what happened between them, I couldn't believe on my ears, Ryan not only warned him but smashed his ugly face. First time I'm appealed by his action. He did this for me but why? I didn't realised unknowingly I blurted my thoughts loud.

"Silly because you're his wife, how he would allow anybody to touch his wife?" she said it very innocently in a way that make every sense to it.

"It's only on papers Amy" I smiled bitterly, she scowled at me contemplating what I mean.

"Believe it or not, the fact is you're his wife" she said looking confident on it.

"Come on you know what I am for him, His trophy, and a mere piece for show off his win over James to world, that's it" It hurts to verbalise the real fact of my existence in Ryan's life, this is ugly truth of my life and I have accepted it swallowing my pride. Amy took my hand and looked into my face, her eyes sympathised me, she is one of them who knows the drill of this deed.

"Jenny, you are the best thing happened to Ryan which he doesn't know yet, I really wish everything work out between you two." She means it, I can see in her eyes.

"Amy, this is not possible, my heart belongs to James." She shook her head in disapproval.

"Fine, can I ask you something?" she asked suddenly, I gave her a nod.