40

Ryan

"So, how do you feel?" Jenny raises her eyebrows slightly, confusion is evident on her face. Gosh, she's beautiful.

"About?" She asks innocently.

"About the Great Wall of China, stupid" She frowns at me for a moment before bursting into that beautiful laugh of hers.

"Ryan, you need to be a bit more specific.." Now this is my turn to raise an eyebrow at her, like seriously? She is smiling ear to ear with beautiful, bright, teeth.

"I love it," she says, slipping her arms underneath mine and pulling me into a half hug. Watching her smile, I feel alive with elation. I kiss her forehead and pull her in closer, resting her head against my chest as she draws circles over my arms. She whispers softly.

"I am changing. You are changing me, Ryan. Despite my age-old fear of water, I'm here standing with you." She raises her face to meet my gaze, and it's an intimate moment between us.

"Do you know, according to my parents, when I was a kid, not only did I refuse to swim in the ocean, but I would cry hysterically when they tried to? Yes, I admit I am afraid of water, not hot tubs or baths but the ocean, even the pools. But you forced me to swim and enjoy the warmth of the ocean. What are you doing to me, Ryan?" I feel so proud of my wife, so brave in facing her fears and emerging victorious.

"Maybe I am a magician and my magic is working on you" I wink at her teasingly, trying to mask how deeply her words affect me. We both smile at each other.

"Let's get out of here. I'm glad you tried to overcome your fear, but I'm not happy about the way guys are gawking at you. I'm afraid this is our first and last time on the beach." I've been thinking this since we got here; guys have been eyeing Jenny's tempting body. I shouldn't have encouraged her to buy that swimsuit. Her figure is enticing, and it's making me feel more insecure than I ever have before. In other words, I've never had a reason to feel insecure until Ms. Jenny Watson.

"You talk rubbish sometimes. Nobody is looking at me. There are many model types of beautiful chicks, so why would anyone waste their time checking out an average girl?" "Average girl," she says, like she knows nothing about her beauty.

I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her close. "I wish you could see through my eyes," I say softly. Next to my chest, I can feel the pounding of her heart. Slowly, tenderly, I brush my lips against hers, taking in her fragrance mixed with the salty tang of the ocean. Suppressing my growing desire for her, I break our kiss and lead her hurriedly back to our car, ready to drive us back to our hotel.

I order dinner in our room, not wanting to linger outside. With only a few days to spend with Jenny, I have to make the most of our time together before I have to return to my other ambitious project against the Knights. Yes, James has managed to evade my sight, but his father, the main culprit of my life, won't escape.

"Which movie would you like to see?" Jenny's sweet voice pulls me back to her, and I force myself to focus, pushing aside thoughts of the Knights.

"I don't know... anything will do," I say, feeling out of my element. I'm not the type to watch movies with a girl. I hate being this soft, but seeing the happiness and excitement on Jenny's face makes it worth it.

"Then I'll have to choose for us. How about 'The Notebook' or 'Titanic'?" she asks excitedly. Shrugging, I tell her to choose.

"Then 'The Notebook' it is," she chirps happily, playing the movie. I wrap her in my arms, and she rests her head on my chest as we watch the most dramatic movie in silence. Why did she choose such an emotional drama when 'Fast and Furious' and 'Mission Impossible' action series are available? Damn...