29

Ryan

Rick is recovering, he has been always the silent kind of guy but this time it is different. He built huge walls around himself, not allowing anybody to let in. He didn't stay in my mansion, the first thing he asked when he woke up from his deep sleep was about Jenifer, and that made me feel stupid, how I didn't see this coming. He has feelings for her or he might have some serious history with her but I am skeptical about Jenifer's feelings, why the women are so complicated? Why can't they keep things very simple, their mysterious thing always keeps the men hanging on the last thread? I groaned in frustration, likewise, Jenny is taking a toll on me, and I'm afraid one day I would be left devastated. What the hell I'm thinking...Why did my every thought run around Jenny, here I was concerned about Rick, and ended up worrying about my situation with Jenny. It's better if I keep her away from me for a few days, and the idea of Jen and Rick together is icing on the cake.

I started spending my days, actually my nights in Dyna's house, hiding from Jenny's questioning stares. I have observed the way her curious eyes beg me for the reasons behind my change in behavior. I avoided her like a plague in the office, and I kept myself away from my own house, one thing I know very well that I cannot hide from her forever, one day I have to confront her but I guess I'm not ready yet. Dyna played the part of a very understanding girlfriend, she takes care of me but whenever she initiates any physical advances, my body doesn't respond to it like earlier. It scared me to death that I became temporarily impotent and I could not get an erection by Dyna's touch which is surprising as she used to be my best bed partner.

Every day I became more frustrated and angry with myself, Jenny is growing in me, and I don't know why her lack of integrity affects me this badly, she never promised her loyalty in first place though. I am in my hell, fighting my war then eventually Jenny broke her silence in the meeting room and I announced my decision. I asked her to accompany Rick for the project along with Jenifer, she knew it was my way to keep her away from me.

I still remember her forlorn eyes looking for me when Rick came to pick her up, I watched her from afar, sitting in my car. I watched her go, and my heart is breaking to let her go, I couldn't watch her go without feeling sick to my stomach, and the only thing I could think of was her lie. I was positive that this distance was going to help me to get out of this sickening feeling.

Jenny

Ryan has forced me to go on this trip, I was hopeful at least he will show up at the time of my leaving which was a great disappointment. Rick came to pick me up, there is no sign of Ryan yet my heart feels him near me. I quickly look around to find him, tears pinching my eyes, how could I find him when he is not here at all? I grabbed my swirling stomach and staggered toward the car absentmindedly.

I enjoyed the silent ride with Rick, please note my sarcasm. I thought to check on Ms. Davis, a sinister smile broke on my lips, maybe this trip is not that boring when I have someone to rile up. I dialed Ms. Davis's number, she picked up on the second ring.

"Hello, where are you?" I didn't wait for her reply, payback time honey for being rude to me. I take revenge on everyone who thinks they have a right to bring me down.

"I'm on my way to the project place" she also doesn't show any excitement, she replied dryly.

"Are you driving your old car?" I asked her and watched Rick from the corner of my eyes, I can see, he is listening to my conversation. He squeezed his eyes at the mention of her old car.

"Yes.. and why is this your concern?" she asked meanly.

"Because you will not make it on time, we are running late already. Why don't you join us, this can save your money too" I know this comment would make her agitated, I love to make her mad.