32

Jenny

My head is throbbing, my body feels like it's being frozen stiff into a statue due to my heavy head, aghh...this is too painful. I shifted in my sleep to accommodate my body aches but I couldn't move as muscular arms cage me into them, since when Ms. Davis become this muscular.. I shake my head at my stupid joke then suddenly the chill fluttering at my heart increased every instant when a familiar scent tingles my nostril. Am I still dreaming? This cannot be possible.. I am afraid to open my eyes as I don't want this feeling of his presence to get dissolve. I lean on his chest and allow my body to go limp, if it's a dream then I never want to wake up. I smile not bothering to open my eyes, my fingers roam around his arms and caress the stubble on his cheek, and a frown appears on my face. It looks like he hasn't shaved in a couple of days, this is so not Ryan. I couldn't stop myself from pinching those rough cheeks adoringly.

"What the hell..." An unpleasant voice of Ryan startles me, I gasp opening my eyes in surprise. I blink my eyelids for few times, so he can disappear but he is on my bed right in front of me looking deviously handsome in his messy hair. His half open eyes stare at me for a while and within a second he is fully awake.

"Oh my god Jenny, you are awake," he said happily, taking my face between his hands, I am still in shock finding him beside me.

"You almost gave me a heart attack, damn it!! How are you feeling now?" My heart fills with happiness finding a genuine concern in his eyes, he actually cares for me, and I can feel it. Tears start firming into my eyes, I can't describe in words how badly I missed him in this long week. Instantly, I wrap my arms around his neck, holding him tight with a broad smile. His hot breath tickles my skin and I know he is smiling too.

Ever so light, his fingers wind a trail down my back in a soothing way. I arch against his fingers, lost in exquisite sensation. No words need to exchange, the silence between us precious than anything, it's a beautiful moment and it's our moment.

"Jenny" I'm immediately electrified, even more as I hear his sharp inhale, my name sounds so beautiful on his lips.

"Hmmm" is the only he can get from me in response as I am lost for words.

"If you will wrap around me like this then soon you'll find little Jenny or little Ryan or maybe both on your bed crying for your attention" Pervert...I move away from him as fast as I can and he broke into a soft laugh. Ryan and his dirty imagination, suddenly I'm feeling utterly shy and I'm pretty sure my cheeks turn into a pair of tomatoes.

He doesn't stop smiling and leaned forward to kiss my forehead and crushed me to his chest and I submitted myself to him..the feeling of being back home is priceless.

"It's time to finally wake up sweetheart, let me feed you something, you were unconscious for more than 24 hours" Really? I don't even feel sick, of course, you are not when your cure himself is available on your side, I'm thoroughly enjoying his all attention. I weakly nod my head to Ryan.

He got down from the bed and call for room service. Then he checked the doctor's prescribed medicine and my report file, rubbing his unshaven chin with his hand, his eyebrows furrowed together reading the details. All the while my gaze is fixed on him, mesmerized by his handsome sharp look. Freaking hell, I'm behaving like a lovesick puppy.

"Darling I know it's hard to keep your eyes off me but I think you need a hot shower. Look at yourself, you look umm..how to put it in words...like shit" he said without drifting his eyes from my file, I scrunch my nose and look away embarrassingly.

"I hate to admit this but I even missed the way you scrunch your nose at me" I tilt my head and meet with his green eyes, his eyes are laughing yet there's something more, something deep and intriguing. We both are aware, things have drastically changed between us and at some point, we both don't want to admit it but also can't ignore the sparking connection between us. I try to move from the bed but my legs are giving me a hard time, my face flush with embarrassment as I can't even stand. I start fidgeting with the bedsheets, and when I sneak a peek up at him through my lashes, I catch him studying me with his own assessing gaze.