31

Jenny

Resting my chin on the palm of my left hand while using my right hand to carelessly flip through the pages of the project file, I'm fighting to concentrate on the work when my mind is preoccupied with Ryan. God, it's not even a week and I am missing him like crazy the entire time. I am so pissed that he doesn't feel the same for me. He calls every day to Ms. Davis for a business update but he doesn't feel to call me at least once. Whenever he calls Ms. Davis, I became loud just for his attention and in a hope that he would ask Ms. Davis to pass the call or least ask about me. However, it never happened. I am dying here worrying about him and he couldn't even ask about me. Why his ignorance affects me this badly? I never felt this type of emptiness before... not even for James...this concern me more...the confused mess of my emotions growing day by day.

It makes my chest ache for him despite the fact he is the reason for my whole destructive state and I am not sure why. Whether I am hurting for him or for what he thinks, or my fear of what he might be. I don't know about all of the things. I got distracted when I heard Ms. Davis calling me.

"Yes," I asked frowning at her, I have to admit she is not bad, actually she is nice. I just got to know her in these few days as I am forced to share a room with her, all credit goes to Ms. Sexy legs. When I asked her why she has booked one room for me and Ms. Davis, she deviously replied why waste money on two rooms. Anyways, I don't miss any chance to annoy Ms. Davis, it is my favorite past time. However, she avoids me completely and buried herself in her piles of work. Most of the time she succeeds to ignore me but when it subjects to Rick, she fails to shield her emotions. I try to flirt with Rick at every given chance, trust me it's a difficult task with his temperament. Perhaps, it gives me immense satisfaction when I get a furious look from Ms. Davis. C'mon, I am not a bitch, I am just trying to put some sense in her head and make her realize what she is missing, any blind person can also see the love in his eyes which is only for her. I seriously don't understand this girl, why she acts like I am too good for you.

"Can you please stop flipping those papers?" Ms. Davis spoke to me raising her brows, ufff I ignore her and purposely turn the papers more violently.

"Ms. Watson, that's enough," she said snatching the files from my hand, I scrunch my brow.

"What the ..? You are disturbing me" I complained.

"Ms. Watson, I am tired and want some rest. It's already hard to sleep on the couch and this stupid noise makes it more difficult." Ouch, poor girl. I took the bed once we enter the room, first come first served..

"Who sleeps in the afternoon?" I quickly ask.

"Those, who don't get proper sleep in the night" she replied sarcastically, good come back Ms. Davis. She looks like she really needs to rest for this afternoon at least, as she needs to go back to the hotel for arranging things in the evening.

"Fine, I am going for shopping" I announced getting off the bed, I quickly glance at myself in the mirror. I don't feel like changing or any makeup as I have no one to impress here. While leaving the room, I stare back at Ms. Davis who is uncomfortably lying on the couch.

"Meanwhile, you can take my bed." She raises her hand in the farewell, showing no interest in my generous offer, stubborn woman.

I pass through the crowded malls to keep my mind occupy and away from the thoughts that were subject to Ryan, for a change I enjoyed doing window shopping. I stroll into the café and decided to sip coffee along with a piece of apple pie. This little outing gave me time away from all drama and to think and relax my mind and heart in new, peaceful, and unknown scenery. This small town is beautiful and blessed with nature, in other words, a hidden heaven, indeed an intelligent move to attract tourists, a great business deal, that is so Ryan. I took a deep breath and shirked his thoughts off.