35

Ana

A light fragrance welcomes me to the room as soon as I open the door, the room is lit up with colors from the smoldered candles which are slowly flickering faintly, the room is beautifully decorated with orchid flowers and this room blossoms with his love for her. Hope they had a blissful moment as James has planned for her. Since morning he has locked himself in this room after hiring it for his special moment, he really wanted to make up for his lost time with his love. I offered my hand in decorating this room but he politely declined, saying he wanted to do this alone for her. I wanted to stop him because I was worried, he will injure his leg which has improved a lot after the long session of therapies but I couldn't have a heart to interject after watching the pure happiness on his face for the first time. He didn't even allow me to enter this room as he wanted her to be the first to enter in this room. Jenny is really lucky to have this man in her life who loves her madly. But where is he?

I search him around the room, he is nowhere. He might be out with Jenny, why do you worry so much about him, he is just one of your patients and you have no right to invade his privacy, my conscience reminds me. Right, I shouldn't have to do this but why do I have a feeling he is not well, how would he not when he is with his love.. all right I should go back to my room.

"She didn't come" A distant sad voice loaded with pain stopped me in my track. Instantly I feel the weight in my heart and it gets very heavy finding James sitting on the floor at the side of the dark corner. His eyes, sparking with excitement and love earlier, were now filled with hurt. Unsure what to do, I sit beside him without uttering a word. Tears z in my eyes as he looks at me with terribly sad eyes, the sorrow is flooding his eyes, and he looks like he is about to cry, just like me.

"Why she didn't come Ana? I have sent her a card writing the venue and time, has she fallen out of love with me?" He doesn't try to hide his tears anymore; it is shamelessly rolling over his face, breaking my heart.

"Stop assuming the worse, something surely must have come up" I try to sound positive about it when I have my doubts too.

"Do you really think that?" his hopeful eyes questioned me as he wants that to be true and needed my words to believe in it. I briskly nod to him which earns me his small smile.

"Of course, that's the case. This accident made me overdramatic, shit man. Thanks, Ana for making me see things in this way otherwise Jenny would have killed me for even doubting a bit about her love" I gave him a faint smile while praying internally this has to be true, I don't want him to be heartbroken. Honestly, I have seen that a lot and not wants to witness it anymore.

"It's high time Ana, I have to show up by myself and protect Jenny from that prick." The determination is subtle in his voice, it scares me the way his eyes turn cold at the mention of Ryan.

"You need to wait for a few more days, you are getting there" I meant about his health, the day he started walking again on his feet was the most joyful day of my life, I was beyond happy and I don't want this to get waste due to his insecurities.

"I have already waited for a long, now it's show time. I have to rework on my mistakes and most importantly get back my love where she belongs" He slowly gets up on his feet, staggering and struggling yet the fire in his eyes hid very well the pain, his eyes spark with determination and passion for his love.

Jenny

I can't believe, Ryan and I ended up having a wonderful dinner and into a deeply intimate discussion. There is an unusual closeness between us as if we know each other our whole life. He shows an interest to know me and letting me know him, this is enough to see hope in our strange relationship.