21

Jenny

Last night was horrible, Ryan's words echoed and repeatedly played in my head, why he became such heartless? Why James suffering means the world to him? Do I even hold any place in his life or just a pawn in his sick game? These questions didn't allow me to sleep which causes bags under my eyes, I'm looking pathetic today, I frowned watching myself in the mirror, finally I hide dark circles with makeup but my eyes are still puffy. I huffed and checked my attire once again before leaving my room, as expected Ryan is nowhere, it is always the same, once he opens up a little the next he shut down himself completely.

When I reached to office, Lucy broke the news that Mr. Arrogant called the day off, earlier this kind of news used to make me happy but now it makes me sad, he deliberately avoiding me. Anger finally flickered into my stomach guessing where he could be, off course with his bitch. Aghhh... why do I even care, do hell with them, they both deserve to rot in a hell... I put my head on the table when tears rolled over my cheeks. I felt the worst burning pain in my chest, the unknown mixed feeling of hatred and care blown my head. I discovered I started caring for Ryan, last night when I saw a glimpse of despair in his eyes I forgot mine, this heart seems to care about him more than anybody, even the sweet memory of James getting fade around him. oh God this is ultimate betrayal, Ryan should not be affected on my love for James, but it would be lie if I say he doesn't.

It is natural to feel something about the person with whom you are stuck for 24 by seven, and by default if he is your husband. Stop feeling guilty Jenny, James has his equal share of fault, why he became hideous after my contract marriage with Ryan, he should have been my rock and stick by my side to fight with this uncalled situation but he chose to stay away leaving me alone. These two men are the most selfish men, I hate them...because of their rivalry I'm suffering the pain and they don't care. Jenny you better don't waste your time thinking about them and live your life fully.. yeah.. I wiped my tears.

I freshen up and applied little make up, my eyes are still red and puffy, I went out for a lunch with Leo. His nonsense jokes somehow keep me to the sanity, today we had a company, guess who? None other than a poker face Ms. Jennifer Davis, I don't understand this girl, she seems to hate everything. Girl see my life, it is pathetic still I am laughing at every meaningless joke of Leo and look at you, I don't know what's your problem but you show like you are only in the hell.. I don't know why but I dislike her, everybody is looking at her with so much high like she is fallen angel on this earth, especially Ryan. He always shower most beautiful compliments on her, he looks at her respectfully, he is a perfect gentleman and a different person around her which I have never seen him with any other women, not even with his precious Dyna. Most annoyingly, my only friend Leo is also head over heels for her. I felt Leo wants alone time with her, so I gave them space by leaving them alone with an excuse of Ryan.

When I reached office, Lucy tossed a file and asked me to take signature of Rick. Why can't she do it by herself and spare me some peace, it looks everybody teamed up against me.

I walked nervously towards Rick's cabin, talking to him is another task of the day. He always very rude and mean to me, anyway lets do some work Jenny.

I hesitantly knocked the door, no reply, after few minutes again I knocked the door little loudly.

"Come in" his annoyed voice shuddered me, help me god. I prayed before entering his cabin. His cabin is fully messed up, papers are all over on floor, broken vase is on the other side, Oh a storm rocked his cabin but why I didn't feel the storm. Should I ask him, no it's none of my business.

"Mr. Adam , I need your signature on this file" I succeeded to say full sentence without stammer, his chair turned, I can see his face now. His hard face, his traumatic eyes faced me. I thought it was only me having a bad day but it changed by view after looking at him. It is very unusual of him to not react, he look lost in his thought. What should I do now?