22

Ryan

I affectionately caressed the old couch where I used to sit with my family, I passed the corridor, it used to be my favorite spot, a smile curled onto my lips remembering the annoyed face of my mom.

"Ryan, don't run, you will get hurt" I never heard her warning and played carelessly in this corridor, sometimes my father also teamed up with me which exasperated my mom.

I walked to my room, I watched old family pictures hanging on the wall, a big family portrayed is on the center wall above my bed post. The family  looks perfect and very happy, and those were best days of my life until, I opened my drawer and picked the old scumbled picture. Until they walked into my life, a picture of the grey eyes middle aged man and his son rubbed my past over my face, I hate them. I banged on my table, I will ruin your life like you did mine, how long will you hide James, you have to come out of your bill, I enjoyed defeated expression on your face when Jenny agreed to sign the contract, you screamed at me, flighted with me to keep her out of this and tried everything to stop me, to keep Jenny out of this because you love her, and trust me, I enjoyed your every plea. I want to see more of your suffering but you disappeared like thin air, damn it.

A mention of Jenny flickered my mood, she pushed me so far last night, unintentionally I showed my emotions and talked my heart out which is not good. She is enemy, I have to use her for my benefit but she somehow succeeded to break the hard wall and sneak into my personal space. I can't see her into tears, I don't like hurting her. It's better I should maintain distance from her, she is dangerous for my plan. My phone vibrated in my pocket.

Unwillingly I attended the call.

"Hello" I found very pissed Dyna on the other line.

"Ryan I asked for a ring, not for this damn bracelet" she complained, how did she think to trap me in this damn relationship when she always knows I have no intention for it.

"If you don't like it then return it" I tartly replied, not bothering about her.

"Ryan, how could you say that? You are being rude to me" I know that alright but not in mood to entertain Dyna.

"Dyna, if you don't want to listen my mean words then hang up on me." I snapped.

"You are doing this because of her, right? She is playing with you and look she is successful, she is breaking us." She suckling over Jenny.

"Breaking us.. what do you mean Dyna, you and me both are very much aware that we are in open relationship, I never promised you any commitment, then stop complaining" she gasped on my crude words, I don't want to hurt her but she should have known this before expecting anything from me.

"That bitch feed this in your head, isn't it? You are so smitten by her to see her utter motive, she is using you for the benefit of James" She yelled on the phone, after hearing his name I fumbled and cut the phone abruptly and tossed on my bed. I laid on a bed,  I thought closing my eyes, Dyna might be right, Jenny hates me, an unhappy sigh came out of my mouth.

I don't realize when I slept, I rubbed my eyes when my phone vibrated again on my bed. I can't see anything due to darkness of my room, I checked time on my phone, it is past 10pm, fuck I spent whole day here, I checked my call logs, there is no call from Jenny, it strangled my heart in cruelest way, I felt a raw pain, why would she Ryan, she hates you and she has a good reason for it. You made her signed her life for a year and last night you made her upset with your poisonous words.

I inhaled after taking a long breathe, I returned to home, I looked at my empty hall, there is no sign of her.

I fetched water bottle from freeze, I saw cook food preserved, is that for me? Suddenly a happy smile curved on my lips, man she cares for me. I heat the food in microwave, the aroma of food is heavenly delicious.