34

Jenny

I sneak a look at myself in the mirror, I haven't cared almost in my whole life what I look like in someone's eyes, but I do now. I brush my hair, then tie it back..aghh why I'm so nervous, it's just a normal meet, not a freaking date, hold on yourself, girl. I closed my eyes in frustration.

"Keep it down, it's looking good in that way" His smooth and silky voice cracks out from nowhere, I feel his arms wrap around my waist and his face buried into the crook of my neck and I remotely lean into him. I felt his soft kiss on my cheek and a sly smile spread on my lips. Scare to open my eyes, afraid he'll float away as quickly as he appeared and that exactly what happened when I open my eyes. Damn, I imagined him...the blush spread across my face like contagious rash. I giggle on my stupidity, shaking head I slap my palm on my forehead.

"Ahhmmm" The sudden unsure voice out of nowhere startles me, I look back and take breathe of relief finding Ms. Davis.

"Oh god, you scared me" I pout raising an eyebrow at her, she fluster at her place.

"I didn't mean to, actually I ..." Surprising her, I run towards her and embrace Jen into a huge tight teddy bear hug.

"Thank you Ms. Davis, I owe you a big time for taking care of me, even though you hate me most" Her stiffen body relax and to my utter shock she hug me back. I totally misjudge this beautiful girl who holds a big heart, she has sweetly taken care of me despite of my rudeness and bitchiness.

"I don't hate you Jenny" I quickly slip out of hug and stare her dumbstruck, couldn't believe it. First time she didn't call me Ms. Watson, she called me by my name.

"I'm glad you are fine, or should I say more than fine" I caught the hidden tease in her words, a soft smile curl into her lips, in return I smile ear to ear.

"Where were you, I didn't see you when I woke up" this question just now popped up in my head, we are roommates but she didn't show up since morning.

"Because last night I got kicked out of this room by Mr. Richards" This arrogant prick, how dare he kick her out, Ryan buckle yourself because you are in deep shit.

"Where did you stay then?" her warm smile disappear from her face, she looks uncomfortable.

"I think you are getting ready for somewhere, I don't want you to be late because of me" Without being rude she brilliantly turn the topic, the way her posture change I'm sure this has to be related to Rick. So, I let it go.

"I'm sorry" I blurt out when she turn to leave, she looks back at me with the puzzle look.

"I have been very rude to you when there's no reason to be and sometimes I overstep over boundaries." She put her hand on my shoulder assuring me with a warm smile.

"You don't have to apologize me, I guess we started on a wrong note. Trust me, you are not only to blame for, I have my part too" This was the first friendly conversation between us.. she seems nice and genuine. There was no hint of fakeness, she didn't even try to mock me. The guilt in me surpass into comfort, this feel good and I'm sure this is the start..

I check myself in the mirror one last time and take a deep breath before rushing to the Art room. Holding the flowers with me, it sort of boosting confidence in me, saying that he is the one who has instigated this. With each step towards the Art room, my heartbeats fasten and stomach feel tighten, all the while my hands are wet with sweat and my heart beats so quickly I could hear it pounding in my ears. Few more steps and I will be with my idiotic husband, I really wish this night will not turn into ugly with our fights like always, I want this to be special.

Suddenly, someone grab my arm and yank me towards him. Before I could scream in my panic, those green eyes of his met mine and automatically my body sigh in relief.