23

Jenny

The historic event in my office drained me out, the guilt sat heavily in my chest, etching through my body whenever I dare to think about her sad eyes. Just shut up Jenny, stop unnecessarily blaming you, those words were never meant to hurt her, it was just... gosh, maybe I'm overthinking over it, she won't give a fuck what I think about her as far as I know her. I tried not to overthink her reaction, which surprisingly easy for a moment when my stomach growl, a great distraction but I have no energy left for cooking. I huffed rubbing my temple in annoyance; I hate Leo for not showing up at lunch, its his way of showing his disappointment, especially when he called me to apologize Jennifer and I refused.

"Somebody looks annoyed" a husky voice brought me to present, I glared him resting my hands on waist, I sort of despise him at this moment, in response he smiled, Oh God he makes me shiver with just a look and my heart skips a beat. What's happening to me, he narrowed his eyebrows observing my red cheeks, shit I looked away.

He cleared his throat leaning to kitchen cabinet, I peeked him through my lashes, my breathing stop when my eyes interlocked with his, his gaze fixed on me intimately, we both have decided to put our past behind and start fresh, but anyone tell me how to behave soberly around him when he is certainly rare and beautiful sight to die for.

"A penny for your thought" he smirks contemplating my discomfort.

"Nothing" I replied staring his green eyes, he gave me weak nod.

"You don't want to cook, right?" how did he knows? Don't flatter yourself Jenny, anybody can guess watching your long stupid face.

"I'm not hungry, anyway" I shudder my shoulders, displaying him I'm cool, skipping of a meal for one day wouldn't hurt, right? Whom I kidding, I'm starving right now. And suddenly my stomach protests my words and put me in an embarrassing situation with growling. Hope he has not noticed, please no..

"But I'm starving" he said softly, I can see his amusing grin.

"Let's go out for dinner" It is like somebody has smacked me on my head, did he just ask or it was my weird imagination. No he has not changed, he wants me to tease or worse humiliate me by living me here alone once I get ready.

"Fuck me dead, last time when I was out with you, I almost got raped, the long story in short, I will better stay in my room" I taunted him, if he is thinking to hurt me than he has to fight with this new bitch Jenny. Though my heart sank when I notice his remorseful eyes, instantly I regretted for the choice of my words. Why I became this sassy nowadays, maybe I'm guarding myself from heartbreak.

"You're right" he rakes his finger through hair, nervously setting his survival mode thinking into motion.

"Ryan, I didn't mean to offend you, I just don't want to go out.. I.." I tried to defend my words, I want his bright smile back.

"Home, then" he said, removing his jacket. He started unbuttoning his upper button of the shirt and rolled his sleeves up above his elbow. I stare him bewilderingly, what is he  upto?

He walked to the refrigerator and pulled out few eggs, sausages, cheese.. few more ingredients.. I gave him are you crazy look.

"Don't tell me you are planning to cook, do you even know how to cook" I asked in amusement.

"We both will discover my hidden cooking skill today, sometimes gadget can be a good help" he winks me, and my heart melted like ice, he wants to cook for me, this is definitely a dream. He chose a simple menu for our dinner, scrambled eggs with sausages.

I watched him enthusiastically, though I found that he fail miserably in that department the way he is cracking the eggs watching his iPhone, a frown appears over his face while he is struggling so hard to crack the eggs. A look of self-condemnation appeared on his face when his several attempts couldn't crack the eggs, I tried to hold my laugh putting a serious face.