38

Ryan

Spinning my pen on the conference table, I observe Jen as she presents her latest project update. She's a skilled Event Planner, her eyes radiating intelligence and confidence. Despite having kicked her out of her room previously, she remains cordial to me, a fact I appreciate. Rick's unwavering gaze on her doesn't escape my notice, though Jen seems oblivious to it.

As I watch Jen, thoughts of Jenny's beautiful face fill my mind. Regret creeps in for leaving Jenny behind due to her recent illness. However, it has led me to acknowledge my deepening feelings for her. I find myself falling for her more and more each day, a realization that both thrills and terrifies me. Jenny has brought a new meaning to my life, and I cherish every moment with her.

Attempting to pinpoint what I love most about Jenny, I find it difficult to narrow down. Her enchanting smile undoubtedly tops the list, and I relish the way her eyes light up when she smiles. However, I can't ignore the pang of guilt for not fulfilling her expectations of a romantic gesture the previous night. I berate myself inwardly for my past indiscretions and resolve to make it up to her. 

"Mr. Richards, what do you think of this arrangement?" Jen's voice interrupts my thoughts, and I force myself to focus.

"Uhmmm... It looks fine. I believe it's time to conclude this meeting; I have urgent matters to attend to," I announce, rising from my seat. I note the surprise on Jen's face and Rick's subtle disapproval,  he is ready to pounce on me for dismissing this meet abruptly, especially not uttering any praise words to his precious Jen. That's for disrespecting me before my wife, you fucker. Without even glancing at both of them, I headed to my wife...I never knew going back to your wife could be this overwhelming. 

Arriving at our hotel in record time, I can't contain my smile upon seeing Jenny seated on the couch. I had missed her immensely during the short absence.

"Missed me?" I tease, the surprise evident on Jenny's face as she flinches at the sound of my voice. But her smile melts my heart, and I envelop her in a warm embrace, reveling in her presence.

"You don't know how badly I missed you?" she whispers into my lips, looking deep into my eyes. 

"Prove me." I tease her rubbing my nose on her, in return she smiles, engulfing me in her warm arms. Our reunion is filled with kisses and embraces, each moment reinforcing my growing affection for Jenny. Yet, beneath the surface, I harbor fears of my own inadequacy and the possibility of losing her.

"Jenny, what are you doing to me?" kissing her head I mumble, I wonder what will happen when Jenny eventually will realise that I am incapable of love and can't be the man she truly deserves if she decides to leave me... no I won't survive a day without her. After a moment, she release me to peer into my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I could see the tiny worried lines between her brows.

"I can't think beyond you. I can't want beyond you; you are something I have acquired, and I have no will to let you go."

"And why does this sound like a problem to you?" she asks, with a little frown on her face.

"What if you want more from this relationship, and I can't give it to you? Will you still stay with me?" I voice my insecurities, searching for reassurance in Jenny's eyes.

Unfazed by my concerns, Jenny meets my gaze with determination. "You underestimate yourself, Ryan. We'll navigate our insecurities together and emerge stronger," she assures me, her words filling me with hope and love, quickly I grab her arms pulling her close to me and start kissing her beautiful lips, she reciprocates it with a passionate embrace, pressing her firm breasts against my chest.

Jenny

As Ryan reluctantly pulls away from me, leaving a trail of light kisses on my skin, I can't help but feel a sense of longing. His warmth against me ignites a desire that I'm more than willing to fulfill, but it seems he has something else on his mind.

"What is your greatest fear?" Ryan's sudden question catches me off guard, his soft smile contrasting with the intensity in his eyes.

I don't have to think to answer. It's the fear of losing him. It's a fear that grips me tighter than anything else, but I can't seem to find the courage to voice it.

"Hey, I lost you, Jenny," Ryan's words are met with an immediate response from me. Placing my finger gently on his lips, I meet his puzzled gaze with determination.

"Don't you ever say that again because you would never lose me," I assure him, feeling the weight of his promise as he kisses my fingertips tenderly, his warm gaze locking with mine.

"The hell if you think I would..." Ryan's playful reply brings a smile to my lips, but beneath the teasing, I see the sincerity in his eyes. It's a promise that he'll always be there for me, and it fills my heart with warmth and reassurance. In that moment, all my worries seem to fade away, leaving only him in my heart and mind.

"But seriously, tell me about your fear," Ryan's voice breaks through the silence, prompting me to consider his question carefully.

"Water... I mean... I can't swim. The thought of it makes me nauseous, and I've had panic attacks on the beach before. It feels like the water will suffocate me, and I won't be able to catch my breath," I admit, expecting Ryan to brush it off or make a joke. But to my surprise, his expression grows serious, his brow furrowing in thought.

"Ryan, what are you thinking!"

"I have a plan. Get ready this afternoon; we're going out," Ryan's excitement is palpable, and I can't help but feel a surge of anticipation, eager for whatever adventure he has in store for us.

"But first, we need to go shopping. I am sure you don't have appropriate clothes for our venue," Ryan's statement catches me off guard, and I shoot him a puzzled look. Is he speaking a foreign language?"I have plenty of clothes, Mr. Arrogant," I reply with a playful smirk, giving him a teasing look.

"I have a plenty of clothes Mr. arrogant" I frown at him while giving him my most annoyed look.

"But do you have a swimsuit?" Ryan's question is accompanied by a tender kiss on my nose, leaving me momentarily speechless. How could he ask that when I just confessed my fear of water?

"I assume not... Let's go shopping," he says, taking my hand before I can protest. What the hell, is this man for a real...

Hello guys!!

Enjoy this little chapter, I will try to update the next part soon. My apologies for the slow update, actually lots of going on in my life that keeps me busy all the time, and I don't get time to pursue my hobby of writing.

I know waiting always kills your curiosity and interest, still if you can bear with me and continue to be part of my books then it will be highly appreciated.. 🙏🙏🙏

Thanks for 260k reads ❣❣❣

Love you loads 😘