28

Jenny

In the middle of the night, the disturbing noise of my phone invade my beautiful sleep, annoyingly without watching the caller list I rejected the call and went to my sleep but my phone buzzed again. With half-open eyes, I attempted to move but found that I could not do so, I got fully awake with fear then I noticed Ryan's arm snaked around my waist and his face rested on my shoulder, he looks so peaceful and content like a little child. Watching him in sleep, surprisingly sooth my soul and warm my heart. Suddenly, a slight scrunch between his brows appeared on his face, stupid me, I was completely lost in his beauty that I forgot my phone is still buzzing, I quickly attended to the call before it disturb his sleep too.

"Damn, how long it takes to attend the call Jenny" A very not-so-happy Amy yelled over the phone.

"Wait" I answered in low voice, not to wake Ryan, slowly I removed myself from Ryan and my body instantly missed his warmth, Amy's call I can't avoid at any cost. I came outside the balcony to talk to Amy.

"Why you are not talking, I need someone to talk to desperately, Jenny" She squealed again, she sounds drunk.

"Are you drunk?" I questioned her, and in response, she giggled.

"Maybe little..." she said.

"Is everything alright?" I distinctly hear noisy background, I felt a twisted knot in my belly thinking about the unpleasant situation she might be caught in.

"I'm fine..." I held my phone tight when she sobs aloud.

"No, I'm not Jenny, that bastard dump me," she said between her hiccups, oh poor Amy.

"Amy please don't cry, I will talk to Alex" I tried to console her, and Alex be ready to hear earful things from me.

"Why do you want to talk that jerk?" she yelped.

"Of course, I will talk to him, how could he do this to you?" I replied to her.

"It's not him Jenny, Alex was too busy playing mouth-hockey with his model girls to notice anything else, I tried so hard for his attention but he never notice me," her voice quiver perceptibly, I could feel her despair but what did she say, it was not Alex then...god

"If not Alex then who?" I quickly asked.

"Da. Darren.. oh my tongue hurts, I guess that's his name, I thought at least he thinks I am pretty but that was a lie.. he dump me Jenny" she started sobbing again.

"Amy, sweetheart.. stop crying and talk to me, did he force himself on you?" I am worried to death, hope she didn't do anything foolish in her drunken state.

"No" she screamed, I had never been glad to hear such a negative word no. I closed my eyes and said my thanks to the lord.

"First tell me where you are. Are you safe?" I inquired worriedly.

"I'm on the roof with my friends, they are partying with their boyfriends and I am here crying on my first bad break up" I rolled my eyes in disbelief, bad break up, really when you don't even sure about the name of a guy, at least she is safe.

"Why don't you take one room, so we can talk? The noise is distracting" I want her to be safe, she agreed and went to a room and locked herself inside, which means she would be safe meanwhile I sat on the floor in a comfortable position, I think it was going to be a long chat, as assumed it was. She told me the whole story, she got annoyed with the way Alex was flirting with the girls, she thought to have a one-night stand if anybody could find her desirable, and she was amused when a hot guy approached her and they did little make out. I almost laughed from inside when she said, she was so nervous that her bladder felt as though it might burst and she had to run down to the toilets but when she returned the guy was nowhere, he seemed to disappear when she looked for him at the party. She thinks he has changed his mind at the last moment, because she was not attractive enough to him, what rubbish.. after talking for an hour I finally heard her little snores, she slept while talking to me. I cut the call and moved into the bed beside my handsome husband.