41

Jenny

It felt like my world had been turned upside down in the past six months. It's hard to believe how much has changed since the day I first met Ryan. Not long ago, I couldn't stand the sight of him, but now I've fallen deeply in love with him. It's almost comical how we went from being enemies to lovers.

Ryan's confession that morning had shocked me more than I let on. He closed himself off afterward, and I didn't push the matter. I could see how difficult it was for him, but his sincerity and affection toward me made me feel loved. I'm starting to believe that Ryan and I were always meant to be together as if it was destined by some higher power. God has conspired this and he has the all right reason.

As I catch sight of myself in the mirror, I can't help but wonder who this girl staring back at me is. She looks radiant, with love shining in her eyes.

"Who are you?" I stupidly ask the mirror, and laughing at my own silliness, covering my face. What have you done to me, Ryan... I've never felt this way before.

"Come soon, Mr. Arrogant, I can't bear to be apart from you any longer. I miss you already," I say aloud, feeling a bit cheesy, a clingy dialogue of the overrated movie but meaning every word. As I search through my wardrobe for something to wear that evening, my hand instinctively reaches for Ryan's jacket. I hold it close, savoring his scent, feeling complete. I long for the day when Ryan will be confident about us and pour his heart out to me without hesitation. That day will be the best day of my life. I'm counting on it.

A soft knock on the door interrupts my thoughts, and my heart leaps with the hope that it's Ryan. it seems Mr. Arrogant is also missing his Ms.Firecracker. I can't wait to see him. I swing the door open with a broad smile, ready to greet him," "I am so happy that you are bac...." my smile fades as I realize it's someone else standing there—a beautiful brunette I've never seen before.

"Huh?" The girl looks confused at my overwhelming welcome.

"I'm sorry, I was expecting someone else," I stammer, feeling embarrassed for my overly enthusiastic welcome.

"That's fine Jenny" How does she know my name?

"I am Ana, and no you don't know me but I know you very well" She smartly answered my unsaid question, my heart starts thumping loudly, I feel a bit nervous. Though she is smiling warmly, my instinct still says this meeting will not be pleasant.

"I need a few minutes of yours, if you can allow me" Her voice comes out as a pleading, is she nervous too..

"Sure, please come in" I step back to allow her in. She walks into the middle of the room, I cannot see her face but by her posture I can say, she is preparing herself for something, what it could be? She turns on her heel facing me, a silent awkward smile plaster on her face.

"You remind me of one of my friends, you both look so similar" She starts the talk familiarly, I am sure this is not the reason she's here.

"I am sure you are not here to talk about this" I notice my voice come out a little rude, actually the suspense is killing me.

"You're right, I have a reason for this visit" I am about to lose my patience, why can't she come to the point?

"Then talk," I said holding my breath. This has to be about one of Ryan's colorful affairs, she looks hesitant. I fiddle with my fingers, waiting for a hurricane which about to come.

"I'm not here to make you scared or nervous" she apologetically gazes over me.

"I am not nervous" I can hear the lies in my own words.

"He told me, that when you are nervous you play with your hair or fiddle with your fingers" A sad smile appears on her face.

"Are you sleeping with Ryan" I am done with beating around the bush, I would kill Ryan if he was screwing someone behind my back, not after his confession of love. I can't take his infidelity anymore.