All Over The News

The next day, the humans were now in the living room as they watched the news on TV. Their experience of what happened last night was completely unexpecting. The news reporter was talking about what happened in front of city hall last night and Alex saving the founder of Sky City. He tells that the boy that jumped into the crane got arrested and is now behind bars, but is also speaking of a group of four unidentified people who were also there during the disaster, and one of them got shot by an unknown assassin who got away. The news reporter also hopes that whoever was shot will recover soon.

"Well, Alex. It appears that you are officially a celebrity now." Clarissa said.

"Wow. I never knew this would happen." Alex sighed. "I mean, why me?"

"Well, you're the one who saved the founder and noticed that something like that was going to happen." Nona pointed out.

"Yeah. How did you even know?" Ren asked.

"I-I didn't." Alex said. "I just watched that guy jump into the crane and I looked up and--poof! I just had to blurt it out."

"Alex. Just be glad that all of us got away from that disaster unharmed." Jonas said. "Well, I thought something bad was going to happen to you, but you just managed to get away from it along with the founder and her husband."

"Good point." Alex crossed her arms, and she and the others suddenly heard a knock on the door. "I got it."

Alex got up from the couch and walked away from the living room, grabbing her jacket from the rack and walking up to the door. As she opened the door, her eyes widen. In front of her was a woman with deer antlers in a white coat and skirt and black heels, and with her was a wolf holding a camera.

"Hello." The deer Faunus started. "I am from the Strange Island News Station, and I am here to tell you that President Cranky and his allies are fully aware of your heroic actions."

"Um, hi." Was all Alex could say. "What do you mean by heroic actions?"

"Well, young lady. You don't mind if we come in, do you?"

"Hey, Alex. Who's at the door?" Ren asked from the living room.

"Uh, sure?" Alex got out of the way to allow the Faunus and the wolf in.

The deer Faunus and the wolf walked in as Alex closed the door and followed. Meanwhile, the others turned and saw the Faunus and the wolf come into the living room. They turned to Alex.

"Alex, who are they?" Nona asked, seeing Alex shrug.

"It appears that we are in a hotel room with all five of the first humans ever to come to Strange Island." The deer Faunus said.

"Uh, yeah. That's us." Jonas smiled nervously.

"How did you know?" Clarissa asked.

"Isn't it obvious? It was all over social media yesterday." The deer Faunus explained, pulling her phone out and showing the humans a picture of them on the train.

Clarissa wore a stoic expression on her face as she stared at the picture. "Great. Now we're famous. All thanks to Little Red Riding Hood on that train yesterday."

"Are you saying that the girl with the red cape from the train to Strange City posted that picture on social media and everyone knows of us?" Ren asked.

"Yes."

"Well, I sense a paparazzi coming for us." Jonas said. "All thanks to that cloaked weirdo."

"So, what is it that you want to tell us?" Alex wanted to know.

"Well," The deer Faunus pulled out a pamphlet. "I was meaning to give this to you." 

Alex took the pamphlet from the Faunus. "Grillby's? Is this some kind of restaurant?"

"Hey! I heard of that place!" Ren exclaimed. "I heard they have the best burgers and fries there!"

"What is this for?" Alex asked.

"Well, President Cranky is planning to invite all of you for dinner tonight." The deer Faunus explained. "He would be very happy to finally meet you all."

"He's inviting all of us?" Nona raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. He is going to ask you humans some questions while you are there. Now, what do you say? Are you all in?"

"Um, can I just talk to my friends first and see if they're okay with it?" Alex smiled weakly.

"Of course. Take your time. I'm a patient person."

"Yeah. Thanks." Alex and the others huddled together. 

"So, there is a deer Faunus in our room and she's asking us if we want to have dinner with the president himself." Clarissa whispered. "Perfect. Absolutely perfect."

"Hey. It's not her fault that everyone knows about us." Alex replied.

"Yeah. But, should we?" Nona asked. "I mean, I know that Mr. President wants to meet us, but should we really go?"

"Nona, I agree." Jonas replied. "I don't want any paparazzi in our way."

"Guys. We should totally go." Ren said. "I mean, I really want to meet this guy. Besides, he sounds like a welcoming guy if you only think about it."

"Ren. I don't know..." Alex said. "What about a large crowd wanting our autographs and pictures with us?"

"Oh, come on. I'm sure this will be the greatest time of our lives." Ren assured.

"Okay. If you insist." Alex said.

"Fine by me, I guess." Nona said.

"Sure." Clarissa said.

"As long as there is no large crowd, I'm in." Jonas said.

The humans broke the huddle and turned back to the deer Faunus, who has been standing next to the wolf.

"Well, we made our decision. We're in." Alex said.

"Wonderful. I'll tell President Cranky, and he'll ready himself for tonight. See ya!" The deer Faunus and the wolf walked out of the room.

"Looks like we better prepare ourselves for dinner." Alex turned back to the others as she spotted something in Clarissa's hand. "Clarissa, why are you holding a megaphone?"

Alex watched as Clarissa walked up to the terrace. Clarissa turned the megaphone on as she screamed into it. Many people who were roaming the streets noticed. Parents and their children, taxi drivers, parking attendants, and other residents looked up at Clarissa. 

Clarissa stopped screaming and looked down at everyone. "You all heard nothing!"

The others watched Clarissa walk back inside of the room and sat back down on the couch.

"Don't worry. Tonight will be better." Alex placed a hand on Clarissa's shoulder. "Hopefully."

Clarissa sighed. "I hope you're right, Alex."