She Ran Away...

On the roof of the main building, Alex gazed at the sky. She watched as the sun slowly went down on the horizon. She was only there to get her confrontation with Flowey out of her mind and what she was given after. The comforting sight of the sunset made Alex come up there and stay there for a while. As she stared at the sun, she heard footsteps approaching. Alex turned around to find Toriel step outside and look at her.

"Your stepbrother told me you were up here." Toriel explained, walking up to her.

"You heard, huh?" Alex turned back to the sun.

"Yes." Toriel stood next to her. "I am really sorry you had to witness something like that."

"Toriel, it doesn't matter now. What matters is protecting everyone here from...them."

Toriel sighed when she heard those words come out from Alex's mouth. Frisk already told everyone about the letter Flowey gave to Alex and what it said. That made the motherly goat lady concerned about everyone in Delta. That included Asgore and the kids.

"Look. I understand you are concerned right now, I really do." Alex said. "I am just as concerned as you are. I know that you don't want to lose the ones you love the most, and neither do I. No one wants to lose the people they know and love."

"It appears that you love your friends dearly." Toriel turned to look at Alex.

"Yeah. I do..."

"Tell me, Alex." Toriel said with a warm smile. "What is one thing that you like about your friends?"

Alex's eyes widen when she heard those words. "As in...the ones I'm with?"

"Yes."

Alex looked down and sighed. "There is a slight chance that this will turn into a sappy moment, but okay. I'll tell you."

Toriel squinted her eyes at her. "Can I hear about your stepbrother first? Asgore says he finds him as a loyal and kind young man."

"Jonas...it was a little weird the first moment we met." Alex began. "But after a while, we began to bond with each other. He thinks of me as his actual sister, though we aren't actually related, but it's true."

Toriel raised an eyebrow, but nodded.

"For Ren, we've known each other since forever." Alex chuckled. "Oh, we had so much great memories with each other, though some of them were crazy. There were some moments that I tried forgetting, but you don't make an awkward moment and become friends afterwards. As for Clarissa, she's a little complicated to describe. But, there was one time she pushed me into a pool in the sixth grade. True, she's a little mean. But she will soften up once you get to know her. And Nona, I don't know much about her. But back at home, I would often see her in some of my classes. But now that we're here, I get to know more about her life."

Toriel's smile grew wider.

"Those guys, they would always look out for me. But, now it's my duty to look out for them now that we're here. And I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you."

Toriel's smile suddenly faded when she heard Alex's voice crack. She even saw tears forming in her eyes.

"I..." Alex hiccuped. "I just want to say thank you. If it weren't for you sending Sans, Petra, Ruby and Rainbow to find us in Strange City, we would all be dead by now. And if that happens, I know that our families will find out we're gone, and we're never coming back. I don't want that to happen."

"Alex, I-" Toriel was cut off when Alex hugged her and sobbed into her dress.

"Thank you for...for taking us here and turning us into the warriors we are right now." Alex sobbed.