The Enemy Found

Kubo just sat there, sipping his lemon iced tea while glaring at nothing but rows of fancy glasses hanging on a wall. He didn't even want to come here, but he had too when Frisk said that they needed to save Mettaton from his demise. Just the same reaction every time he said he can't come to a party. He would always do his homework the moment he gets it and would finish every answer on the sheet in a flash. He used to attend parties when he was young, but the incident he didn't want talk about made him stop going to parties.

He suddenly got attention from the person who ran the drinks, a teenage girl with bright green hair, dark skin and red eyes in a black dress.

"Hey, kid." The girl said, getting Kubo's attention. "Is everything alright?"

"Everything is fine, thank you very much." Kubo said, and continued drinking his iced tea.

"You don't look like you're in a good mood. Are you sure?"

"Like I said, everything is fine." Kubo started clenching his glass until he saw the girl squinting at him, then sighed. "Okay, fine. I didn't even want to be here."

"Why not?" The girl wanted to know.

"I'm not a party person." Kubo answered. "I mean, I was until an incident."

"Incident?" The girl raised an eyebrow.

"I don't like talking about it. It's too much to bear."

"Oh, come on. What's wrong with parties? They were made for people to have fun."

"Nothing is wrong with a party. It's just, my sister just dragged me here." Kubo sipped his iced tea.

"A sister dragged you here?" The girl said getting a nod from him. "Big sister? Little sister? Twin sister? Stepsister?"

"Adoptive."

"Huh. Living with another family?"

"They took me in like, I don't know, four years ago? I was probably eight back then."

"Where are your real parents?" The girl asked.

"Dead."

"Hmm. Sorry."

"Don't be. I've seen worse."

Meanwhile, Asriel, Frisk and Saoirse were sitting at a table. Saoirse was hugging her signed CD while Asriel was eating a slice of chocolate cake. As Frisk turned to where Kubo was, she saw him talking with the green-haired girl. With wide eyes, the light blue gem on her bracelet glowed as she teleported away, which was only heard by Asriel and Saoirse.

"Hey! Where did Frisk go?" Asriel raised an eyebrow.

Frisk suddenly appeared beside Kubo, getting his and the girl's attention. "Hey, how are you doing?"

"Uh, good?" Kubo sipped his iced tea.

"Excuse me, miss." Frisk grabbed Kubo by the arm. "Do you mind if I have a word with my bro here for a moment?"

"No. Not at all." The girl said. "Have a good time, you two."

"Yeah. You too." Frisk started dragging her adopted brother away from the girl.

Meanwhile, the girl grinned and turned to a man with brown and red hair and bull horns in a black suit and a white and red mask, who nodded at her. The girl suddenly grabbed a long suitcase from underneath her work space and left.

"What are you doing?!" Frisk whispered with a glare. She was under a table with Kubo and a bowl of wrapped pieces of chocolate she took from the table. "You know who that is! You know why we are here!"