Being Brave

It took a long time for the group to get back to the base. While on the way, the humans wondered what the bird was doing in Remnant. Yang explained to them about the Creatures of Grimm, which were often described as creatures of destruction. Fortunately, they are only found on Strange Island in the forests of Remnant. They also were told that the Grimm come in many forms. The Nevermore was only one of them, but Yang told them that they will figure out the others. Alex asked why the Nevermore was there, and Lukas guessed that it was freshly caught by the Dark Ones. That was when one of the pilots said that the ship was running out of gas. So they stopped at the forest of Remnant where a small shop took place. It was only nighttime. That meant that they needed to be more careful.

"Welp, time to get us some gas." Amethyst said, slipping a black jacket on.

Everyone stepped out of the ship after it's door opened. As for Alex, she stayed behind.

"Alex, are you coming?" Jonas raised an eyebrow.

"I'll just stay here and wait for you guys to get some gas." Alex said.

"Are you sure? I mean, it's dark." Weiss said.

"Weiss is right. There's a slight chance that you will get attacked at this hour." Undyne said.

"Yeah. I'll be fine."

Yang chuckled. "Well, if you're staying, I'm staying. I mean, if you don't mind."

"Nope. Not at all." Alex crossed her arms.

"Great." Yang turned to the others. "You guys go on without us."

"Well, if you insist." Lukas said.

"Do you guys at least want something?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah. Can you guys get us some chips?" Alex replied.

"Just get us the salty ones." Yang added.

"Okay." Pinkie said.

Alex and Yang watched as the others were walking up to the shop.

"You know, I'm starting to like your friend. I find the guy very cool." Yang chuckled.

"Are you talking about Ren?" Alex asked.

"Yeah. He's funny. Reminds me of my friend, Jaune."

"That's just Ren." Alex sighed and stared at the ground.

"Hey. You alright?" Yang raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just..." Alex scoffed. "I was just thinking of what happened in Remnant."

"What?"

"The robot, the Nevermore, that Torchwick guy..."

"Torchwick?" Yang scoffed. "Tell me about it. He's just the guy who wants everything for himself."

"Yeah. But the truth is...I just hope that I got no one hurt."

Yang's eyes widen when she heard that. "What do you mean?"

"Look. I know that you and the other guys are trying your hardest to keep me and the others out of harm's way. But now that we just witnessed our first mission with you guys, now I don't want anyone in danger."

"Alex, what are you talking about?" Yang said. "What brought all of this up? Why are you talking like there are two cupcakes in front of you, but you don't know which one you want to take because you like both of them?"

"Because my friends and I, we're just humans." Alex replied. "We don't have powers like you, we're not expert fighters like you, we're not brave like you. We're not from around here. We're not one of you."

Strange OnesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara