Showdown with Chrysalis

Now that the trio has retrieved President Cranky after distracting the wolf Faunus and freeing him from the cage he was trapped in, it was time for them to find a way out of the ship. Since then, they crawled through another vent in order to find an easier way out. Despite bumping into some changelings and Octarians on the way after crawling out of the air vent, they managed to fend them off to protect the president from getting locked up again along with themselves.

Right now, Alex, Thorax, Yang and Cranky were quietly walking down the ship's hallway. In case of any enemies come around, the trio had their weapons out. The hallway's light was dim and flickering, but the holographic blade of Alex's weapon made the way even brighter for them to see. President Cranky just quietly walked behind Thorax, whom he knew was on their side because of how kind he was toward him and Alex and Yang.

"Um, young lady," President Cranky started. "Just to let you know, I'm just glad that you and your friends came to our island. Also, I'm relieved to see that you still live. Where are the other humans anyway?"

"Let's just say that my friends are down there helping the other members of Delta with protecting the citizens and fighting the Dark Ones." Alex said to the president.

"Well, I am glad to see and hear you again. How can I ever repay you?"

"It's only up to you, Mr. President. It's only up to you."

The group suddenly stopped and covered their ears when heard an ear piercing sound from the speakers of the walls.

"Oh, guess how much I hate that sound!" Yang yelled with her hands cupped on her ears.

Finally, the sound stopped and the group was free to uncover their ears. That was when they heard a loud clamoring of many people in panic. Alex raised an eyebrow when she thought she was hearing the voices of the wolf Faunus that she distracted, each of them clamoring about her, Yang and Thorax helping Cranky escape. Thorax believed that the voices were calling for Chrysalis, and with the thought in his mind, his eyes widen.

"We need to get out of here!" Thorax shouted and pointed north. "Quickly, before Chrysalis arrives!"

Both Alex and Yang nodded before the group started to run through the hallway in search for a way out.

For Lloyd and Clarissa, both of them ran through the streets of Strange City while Clarissa held the little girl, who's name was Pamela, in her arms. They were both searching for a safe place for little Pamela to hide, but their search was suddenly stopped when they saw one of the Dark Ones' helicopters from above. Lloyd saw the faces in the helicopter, so both his hands started to light up with energy. Clarissa's eyes widen when she saw him create a massive ball of energy, which he threw at the helicopter before it fell down and exploded in front of them, forcing them both to run into an alleyway for their own safety.

"I'm scared." Pamela said while clenching the arms of Clarissa's leather jacket.

"I know, but it will be over soon. I promise." Clarissa replied with a hand on the girl's head.

Lloyd looked back at the road, only hearing silence besides the sounds of fearful screams. He stood up, only catching Clarissa's attention. With a huff, Clarissa turned to Pamela and placed her on her feet.

"Wait here." Clarissa told her. "Cover your ears, close your eyes and don't make a sound. Whatever you do, don't move from this spot. I will come back for you."

Pamela nodded, watching as Clarissa joined Lloyd, both of them pulling out their weapons.

In front of them was a cloud of smoke that surrounded the newly damaged helicopter. Lloyd became fully alert once he saw two pairs of hands come out of the broken vehicle. Meanwhile, both their eyes widen once they saw two familiar faces come out from the wrecked helicopter. The boy from the city hall incident, Mercury Black, and the girl from Mettaton's party in Hotland.