Leaving the City

After all that walking, the humans have found another ladder that is going up. Nona went up the ladder first to check if there are any people roaming the streets. As Nona climbed the ladder, she removed the sewer cover and poked her head out. She found herself at an empty street. Nona looked around for anyone on the streets. No one was there.

"All clear." Nona stepped out of the sewer as the others followed.

"Ugh. I can't believe that Grillby had an escape route that lead us all the way to the sewer." Clarissa dusted herself. "What is he? Some kind of escapist or something?"

"Clarissa. Just be glad that none of us got hurt when that happened." Alex said. "How about we just get back to the hotel, forget all of this has ever happened and enjoy the rest of the summer?"

"Yeah. I say we do that. Let's just-" Jonas was cut off when something hit him in the back as he hit the ground.

"Jonas!" Alex ran up to her stepbrother and went on one knee. 

As Alex turned him over, her eyes widen with shock. Jonas had his eyes open, but he didn't move or breathe. Alex and the others looked up and saw someone at a window of a parking building. One of them was a muscular woman with orange skin and red markings, an orange gem where a normal nose would be, long white hair, a mahogany sleeveless bodysuit, red boots, and a crash helmet. The other one was teenage girl in a red dress with the left sleeve longer than the other, a black mask over the left side of her face, short black hair with one side covering her mask and black boots. The teenager was holding a rifle with a glowing telescope.

"Uh, guys?" Ren said. "One of them is a sniper. I repeat, one of them is a sniper."

"You think we don't know that?" Clarissa glared at Ren.

"We need to get out of here!" Alex picked up Jonas and carried him on her back.

The humans ran through the streets, but the two people followed by splitting up. The group continued running with fear. Alex felt her legs aching, but she didn't stop running despite the rising pain in her legs. As the humans made a left turn, they stopped. In front of them was the woman with the crash helmet.

"Going somewhere?" The woman said, cracking her knuckles.

The humans ran the other way, but they stopped as they stared at a figure in a blue suit and a white pumpkin mask holding a glowing axe. The humans were surrounded. With no other option left, they braced themselves for impact. Suddenly, they heard a gunshot, but nothing happened to them. The humans opened their eyes, only seeing the woman in the same state Jonas is in. They looked up and saw a shadow on top of a jewelry store. The shadow jumped down and landed on the ground. The humans could tell the figure was a girl, but her face was covered by the hood of her red cloak.

"Who are you?" Alex asked, seeing the girl remove her hood. Her eyes widen. "You!"

"Did you miss me?" It was the girl with black and red hair and silver eyes, and she was holding a black and red rifle that she turned into a scythe.

"Oh, how we missed you. We didn't get a chance to hang around." Clarissa said sarcastically.

"Ooh. I smell sarcasm~." The girl put her scythe away.

"Silence!" The pumpkin figure shouted getting the group's attention. "Oh, little rose. You honestly think that what you did to my partner in crime can-"

Suddenly, a flash of rainbow kicked the figure in the face, sending them into an alleyway. The humans' eyes widen. It was the girl from Strange Stadium.

"Hi there. We never met." The rainbow girl said.

"Hey. It's...you." Alex stammered. "You're that girl who gave me a wink..."