The Lady Next Door

After discussing Thorax's plan, the kids took the humans back to Strange City to find the lady they were talking about. Of course, Blake and Thorax came long with them in case something goes wrong and just to keep them company. On the way, Frisk explained what she and the other kids knew about the lady. Frisk told them that the lady they knew about is a Whisperer, and she will know anything every time she sends any of her owls, her companions, out into the open. Her name was Macha, and she lived next to Saoirse's house, making her Saoirse's family's next door neighbor. After the group left the train station, the kids took the humans to the suburb where Macha lived by riding a bus there. Some of the passengers on the bus were a little peculiar to the humans, but they soon realized that some of them were holding protest signs. They knew that there will be a protest soon. Maybe it will happen tonight.

Right now, the group finally got off the bus after they reached the suburbs and made their way to their destination. As they walked, they made it to Saoirse's side of the street, where they found themselves in front of a large brown house decorated with porcelain owl statues on the lawn. The house had a gate that stood in their way, but Saoirse did open it so it could allow them to pass. After they set foot on the porch, they stopped at the door.

"Is anyone else freaking out right now?" Jonas said. "Because I know I am."

"I only have a hunch about this lady." Ren replied. "Hopefully, I'm wrong."

The group watched as Saoirse gave the door three knocks. The door suddenly opened a little, only revealing a small brown owl at the door. The owl looked up at Saoirse, who gave it a wave. Soon as the owl recognized her, it gave the group a gesture to come in, then it flew off. The group walked into the house, and Asriel closed the door behind him before following the others again. As they walked down the hallway, the three humans' eyes were only on the decor of the walls. Pictures were hanging on the cleanly painted tan walls. Finally, the group entered a living room. The furniture was dusty, but however, the chairs and couch was lovely looking. The table in the center of the room held two scented candles, and the room was dimly lit by the light from the curtained windows.

"I wasn't expecting someone like you to come here on a lovely day like this." A voice of an elderly woman said.

The group turned to one of the chairs, only finding a woman in a brown dress that covered both her feet, but her face couldn't be seen because of her hood covering her face. The only thing they could see were her eyes, and Jonas was sure he felt chills down his spine when he took a good look at her. For the kids, they weren't scared at all. The group just watched as the kids started walking up to the woman who was sitting in her chair.

"Oh, hello children." The woman said, aware that Frisk can sense her warm smile. "What brings you and your new friends here?"

"Macha," Frisk scratched the back of her head. "This might sound like a little bit of crazy talk, but those three humans...well, you know of what I can do, right?"

"Why, of course I do." The woman known as Macha said. "I will know anything, after all."

"She wasn't kidding." Ren whispered to Jonas and Nona.

"So..." Frisk sighed. "It's really hard to talk about, but-"

"We need to know of the Dark Ones' plans." Asriel said, cutting Frisk off.

"Asriel, dude, what the heck was that?" Frisk said with a glare on her brother.

"I was only trying to help."

"That's why you all came here?" Macha asked, getting a nod from the kids. "Why's that?"

"Well, two of our friends, they were taken by them." Jonas explained. "One of them was being mind controlled, and Frisk and Saoirse tried to save us, but they both failed and that was when the kidnapping began."

Strange OnesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara