6. Your Name

The rain stopped when the clock struck seven in the evening. The sun had set down the horizon,and I was dying to run to the cafe and return his money. After pleading to let me go just for half an hour, my mom allowed me to go. She didn't want me to go out late. It wasn't safe outside. Or so she said. I knew better than that.

     Even if it wasn't safe, my mother liked to control my life. It was a rare occurrence where she let me go without manipulating me.

I walked to the cafe. There were puddles of water on the road. The rain had done its work. The weather felt refreshing, cleansed.

When I reached the cafe, cotton candy boy was locking the main door.

Phew. Thank God, I reached on time.

He turned around and jumped a little when he saw me.

"You scared me."

"I'm sorry." I giggled, seeing him looking so pale as if he had just seen a ghost.

Grabbing the money from my coat's pocket, I extended it towards him. "Your money. Thank you for saving us that day."

He shook his head, and started walking. My brows furrowed, and I walked side by side.

"It's okay. Keep it."

"No. I can't. Please take it. Layla is going to kill me if she knows you didn't. She doesn't really like owing money to anyone. I mean I don't either but you get my point. Right?" I gave him a sheepish smile when I realised that I was rambling.

He looked at me with amused eyes.

"Hey. You never told me your name."

"You never asked."

I could see a small smile on his face, as he looked ahead.

"Right. Sorry. What's your name?"

Another amused smile. "Park Jimin."

"I like your name."

He looked at me. I smiled at him.

"What's yours?"

"Amber. It's what my parents call me, at least. My real name is Areum Seo."

"I like your name. Both names."

We both looked at each other and laughed.

I think I made a friend that beautiful evening.