59

The smell of disinfectant always made me uncomfortable and nauseous. Hospitals in general made me nauseous.

"Are you okay, Jimin?" Amber asked, squeezing my hands lightly.

I looked at her.

"Huh? Yes. I'm fine," I said, smiling a little to prove my point.

"You sure?"

I sighed.

"Not really. Hospitals make me uncomfortable."

"Don't worry, I'm here with you." She smiled.

She was glowing like an angel she was.

I kissed her hand. "I know, babe."

We walked to the room Irene was staying at. Slowly, I opened the door, but Amber stopped me. My brows furrowed when she removed her hand from mine.

"You go ahead, Jimin. I'll be right outside." She smiled, gesturing towards the seats just outside the room.

I shook my head.

"I'm sure she won't mind."

"Jimin. Just go already. I'll be right here."

She pushed me lighting towards the door.

"Okay. Okay. Don't go anywhere. I'll be back in a minute."

She shook her head, smiling.

"Take your time, Jimin. I'll meet her too. I'll go get the coffee or tea."

I nodded.

When Amber was out of sight, I took a deep breath to calm myself and turned the doorknob.

The room smelt of disinfectant too. My head felt dizzy. The walls were white. There was a window at one wall with a blue curtain. I'm the middle of the room was Irene lying on the bed with needles hooked to her arm.

She looked weaker than before.

Upon the sound of door, she opened her eyes a little and smiled weakly at me.

"Irene. Hey. How are you?"

"Dying."

. . .

Hello lovely people. I hope you're enjoying this book. 41 more chapters to go. I plan to finish this book by the end of May or start of June so that I can start the next book of this series. I'm excited. Yay. Love you all, Rose.