71

"I... Jimin?"

I was lying on the bed, watching Amber read a book, when she suddenly looked up, and called my name.

"Yes?"

She was quiet for some time. Just looking at me, eyes focused behind her glasses.

I sat up on the bed.

"What is it, Amber?"

"I... We should break up, Jimin."

As soon as those words left her mouth, the time seemed to stop. It felt like everything around me stopped. My breath did too.

"What?" I sputtered out in disbelief.

Putting a bookmark inside the book, she closed it, removing her glasses, and turned in her seat to look at me properly

"We should break up. I... I want to end this relationship."

"But why? What happened? Did I do something wrong? Why are you saying this, Amber?"

She took a deep, shuddering breath, and looked down at her hands, fiddling.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Jimin. You are the perfect boyfriend and anyone would be lucky to have you. Don't even doubt that you did something wrong. Because you didn't," she whispered.

I was angry. All I saw was red.

If I didn't do anything wrong, then why was she saying this? Didn't she know how I felt for her? I always made sure that she knew what it was in my heart that I felt for her.

"Don't pull that it's-not-you-it's-me bullshit on me, Amber," I shouted.

"Why are you saying this, Amber? What's wrong?" My voice broke at the end.

She finally looked up, her eyes glistening with unshed tears, a bitter smile on her face.

"I just can't do this anymore. I am breaking up with you."

. . .

Woooo. Why are you breaking up with Jiminie??
Here's an update and I hoped you liked it. What are your thoughts about this chapter? Why do you think she is breaking up with him so suddenly?
Have a good day/night. Love, Rose.