64

My chest felt like it was on fire. I had ran from hospital, back to my apartment. My lungs burned due to carbon dioxide. Whereas my heart burned with the horrible thought of something happening to Amber. The thought itself was unbearable.

The door slammed against the wall as I pushed it open with force.

I looked around the lounge, but Amber was no where to be seen. I checked the guest room. She wasn't there either.

And then I heard it.

The sound of sobs. They were extremely low to be heard, but I heard them anyways. And my stomach dropped.

I ran towards the balcony.

As soon as I was out on the balcony, in the dark of the night, my gaze fell upon a figure sitting on the bench, back hunched over.

Amber.

She looked back at me as my footsteps were heard.

My eyes fell upon her face, and it was the most heartbreaking sight I had ever seen. Her eyes were swollen, her nose was red, and there were tears treating down her beautiful face. I could hear the sound of my heart breaking into thousands of pieces.

"Amber... What happened?"

She wrapped her arms tightly around me, her body shuddering with sobs. I embraced her, rubbing soothing circles on her back.

"Please tell me what happened, babe. You're scaring me."

She shook her head against my chest.

"Just hold me tight for a little time."

Her voice was thick and I felt the lump forming in my throat.

I wanted to ask her, I wanted to know what happened. But I knew she needed me and the silence more right now.

So I tightened my arms around her frame and planted a kiss on top of her head.

I'm here. Forever.