20. Nonchalant Behaviour

When I woke up the next morning, the door was unlocked. Thankfully. I freshened up and went downstairs. No one was at home. I checked the fridge if my mother left breakfast for me. But who was I kidding. She didn't even care if I starved to death.

I sighed.

Before I knew it, I was locking the door and walking towards the cafe. The bell jingled as I entered, causing Jimin to look up from behind the counter. He was looking exceptionally good today. An oversized sweater made him look so cute and warm.

I wanted to pinch his cheeks but that would've seemed creepy. And I really didn't want to come off as some crazy girl.

I gave him a smile, but he didn't return my gesture. He simply looked away. Nonchalant.

What?

I walked towards the counter.

"Hello, Jimin."

I tucked a stand of hair behind my ear. I felt shy and nervous in front of him.

"How may I help you?"

His behaviour was different. He was acting like he hadn't let me sleep over at his penthouse. He acted like I was just another customer. I felt a pang of hurt in my chest. I shouldn't be feeling this, but I did.

"An espresso. Please."

Nodding at me, he turned and went inside the room.

There was only one thing on my mind.

Why is Jimin acting like this?