9. Skeptical

Holy cow.

That was all that came to my mind. In front of me were Royal Apartments. These were the apartments whose rent only rich people could afford. I was definitely a bit skeptic that we were in a posh area. But never in a million years would I've thought Jimin lived here.

He worked at a cafe, for heaven's sake. How rich could he be? But I was wrong. As he nudged me and entered the elevator, I followed him silently.

The lift took us to the highest level. The penthouse.

As we entered, I was at awe. His apartment was beautiful. I felt awkward. Like I didn't belong here. This was heaven compared to the hell I lived in.

"Uh. This is my house."

He looked at me, a nervous smile graced his face.

I had an are-you-serious look on my face.

"It's amazing." I didn't have anything else to say, but the truth.

     He was about to say something, when Nara walked out of a room. She was in her night gown, her hair a mess. Her eyes widened as she noticed us.

     "Areum?" She wondered aloud.

     I nodded, making my way toward her. "Yes. It's been a while."

     Her hug surprised me, a laugh bubbling out of me upon her excited reaction.

     "It really has been a while, girl. I kinda missed my favourite junior," she said as she broke the embrace. She turned to look at Jimin. "How do you guys know each other?"

     "We met at the café. He kinda paid for my and my friend's coffee when both of us stupidly forgot our wallets at home," I recalled the story, still feeling the embarrassment I had felt that day.

     Nara looked at me, amused. Before she could say something, a groggy voice called her name from the room she just came out from.

     "Be right back," she shouted, and then turned to look at me. "Sorry, that's my husband. We kinda crashed at Jimin's place before leaving for US early in the morning tomorrow."

     Oh.

     She looked at the both of us, then turned towards Jimin. "Alright. I'm gonna drink the water the go back. You better take care of her." She narrowed her eyes at him.

     Jimin just rolled his eyes.

     Turning toward me, she gave me a hug, and said, "It was nice to meet you after so long. I'm sad that we couldn't have met sooner so we could catch up with everything. But anyways, Jimin will send you my number. Let's stay in contact okay?"

     I nodded, smiling at her. She always felt like an older sister I never had at school, and even now, I could feel safe and comforted in her presence.

     Once she was gone back to the room, Jimin turned to look at me.

"Let me show you to guest room. You can stay the night there."

Leaving me in the guest room, he shut the door behind him.

Who is he? I couldn't help but wonder as I looked at the expensive furniture.