63

I wanted to get out of the room as soon as possible. It was so suffocating; the truth and the atmosphere. If I stayed there one more minute, I'd stop breathing.

So I did what I could. I stood up hastily, apologised to Irene and almost cried at the broken smile she gave me in return, and ran out of the room.

I needed to see Amber. I needed to feel her in my arms.

As soon as I was out of the room, I took a deep breath and then looked around to see if Amber was there. But she wasn't.

Where have you vanished to?

My phone rang as I walked to the cafe to look for Amber.

I looked at the screen and sighed in relief when I saw Amber's name flash across the screen. I accepted the call.

"Amber."

"Jimin."

Her voice was thick and I had a hunch that she'd been crying.

"What happened, baby?"

Silence.

After a few miserable minutes, she answered.

"N-nothing. Where are you?"

My brows furrowed upon her words. She was lying. Something was definitely up.

"Amber. What happened? And please don't lie to me. I know something's up. Are you okay?"

My words were rushed. I hoped she heard them correctly.

Amber was crying and my heart was clenching at the thought that something bad had happened.

"Yes. I'm...fine. I am back home. Can you please come back? I miss you."

"I'll be there. I miss you too," I answered without missing a beat.

I miss you more than you can imagine.

. . .

I'm crying y'all. This story...has my heart. I hope you like it half as much as I do. Love, Rose.