57

"Okay then. Jimin... I...."

She stopped before she could finish her sentence.

"You what?" I asked, my brows furrowed.

Her eyes glistened with tears. She covered her mouth with her hand, eyes shut tightly.

"I'm dying, Jimin. I am dying."

My eyes widened and it seemed like the people around us, the time, the world froze for a minute. Irene was my past. She was someone I liked but never loved. But still hearing her words, I felt a pang hit my chest.

Amber let out an audible gasp, her hands loosing their grip from my hood and falling to her sides.

"You're what?"

I still couldn't believe it.

"I am dying, Jimin. I... My lungs are going to kill me soon."

"Your lungs?" Amber spoke, finally overcoming her shock.

Irene nodded. She opened her mouth to say something, but I cut her off.

"Lung cancer. Right?"

"Yes. I should've listened to you, Jimin. I should've stopped smoking when you told me too. I don't know what to do. I am so scared."

Irene walked up to me and wrapped her arms around me. And I looked at Amber. Amber just nodded, her own eyes filled with tears. I wrapped my arms around Irene, patting her back.

"It'll be okay."

"I need you, Jimin. Please."

. . .

Hah! Bet you guys didn't expect that!!!! You all thought she was preggers. Lol.