11. Awake

His bed was soft and warm. I slipped under the silk duvet, clutching a pillow close to my chest. Jimin shut the door. He took a pillow from bed and placed it on the couch. Lying down on the said couch, he sighed.

The room was dark, except for the moonlight seeping in through the window. I closed my eyes. It was still raining hard, but I felt okay. As soon as I was slipping into dreamland, a loud boom was heard. My eyes shot open.

It still hasn't stopped.

I felt my chest tighten in anxiety.

In a feeble voice, I whispered, "Jimin..."

Silence.

But after a few moments, he hummed, "Hmm?"

"Are you awake?"

"...yes."

"I can't sleep. Can you...can you please sleep next to me?"

Silence.

"Are you sure? Will you be comfortable that way?"

"Yeah. I'm. . . I'm sure. But you don't have to if you're not comfortable."

"Okay."

I guessed he heard the scared tone of my voice, that's why he agreed.

He stood up from couch, picking up the pillow in his hand. He walked towards the bed. I made space for him.

He placed a pillow in the middle and slipped in next to me. My heart fluttered at the fact that he was respectful enough to place a pillow between us. I wasn't exactly comfortable with him sleeping right next to me, but I was anxious enough to ignore the uncomfortableness.

I could feel his body heat radiating off him. It was warm, making me feel comfortable. It made me feel safe. Before I knew it, I fell into a peaceful sleep.