70

Running straight inside the empty cafe, I let Amber wrap her arms around me and I felt the sadness wash away from me.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

Still feeling her warmth next to me, I shake my head.

"Not really."

She was quiet, then. After a minute that I wanted to last forever in her arms, she backed away, and looked at my face, reading it, analysing it.

She took my hand cold hands in her warm ones, and walked towards the booth near the window.

At this early hour of the morning, with cafe closed, the quietness of the cafe was relaxing.

I sat across from her. She took my hands in hers.

"Tell me about her."

My brows furrowed.

"Irene?"

"Yes."

Why as she asking me that?

I stayed quiet, not knowing what to say.

"I want to know more about her. Despite the fact that she broke your heart, I have forgiven her and so have you. Tell me about her. Talk about her. I know she was an important part of your life. No matter how hard we try, we can't wipe away the memories of people that we once loved or had feelings for. So tell me how was she like. As much as I know, she wasn't a bad person. She just made a few bad decisions. We all do when we have no other option."

She had tears glimmering in her eyes, but she didn't let them fall. She was being strong for me, allowing me to be vulnerable.

And so I poured out my memories of Irene, of person I had once feelings for, of person who broke my heart, a person that loved me, a person that I wouldn't forget.

And to the person, I loved and would always love.

I don't know what I did to deserve a person like you, Amber.

. . .

I wrote this while listening to 바다 (sea) and I'm emotional. Amber is such a strong and understanding and amazing character. I love her so much.

A lot has to happen yet. The story hasn't ended yet.
I hope you liked the chapter, what are your thought about it?

Have a good day/evening/night. Love, Rose.