66

We both were quiet as we ate the breakfast. Amber was avoiding eye contact which was unusual, just like how her being so quiet at breakfast was unusual.

I cleared my throat.

"Amber."

She didn't look into my eyes. Her eyes were focused on one point but her mind wasn't. She was physically present, but her mind was somewhere else. I wanted to know what was on her mind. It was killing me to know that something was bothering her and she was enduring it alone.

"Amber!"

"Huh?" She finally looked at me.

"Sorry. What were you saying?" She asked, taking a sip of water.

"What's on your mind, love?" I asked.

She froze.

And I could see the way her eyes glistened, but she didn't cry.

"Babe. Tell me what's wrong."

I placed my hand on hers lying on the table.

"Nothing. It's nothing. I'm absolutely fine."

She removed her hand from mine. And my brows furrowed.

I stood up from the chair, walked around the table, and crouched in front of her, taking both of her hands in mine.

"I know something's not right. I can feel it. I... If you don't feel like talking about it, then it's fine. As long as you are fine, I'll be fine."

Amber didn't say a word. Instead she wrapped her arms around my neck, placing her head on mine.

"I... I'm... Can we spend a day somewhere? Where only you and I are, with no one else around us. Just us. Just a day, please."

I didn't know what to say. She sounded so broken and it broke me to not know the reason behind it and help her.

I nodded.

"Sure. Where do you want to go?"

She broke the embrace, and I instantly started missing her arms around me.

"I know the place."

* * *

Sorry for such a long wait. I was planning this story and also studiessss. But here we are. A LOT IS GONNA HAPPEN NEXT. BRACE YOURSELF FOR SOME ACTION WOHOOO.
I LOVE YOU ALL AND I MISS WRITING THIS BABY. I SWEAR I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH OMG. ALSO THANKS FOR 300k+ READS. LOVE YOU ALL.