33

"So what are you doing here at this time? It's going to be dark in little time."

I looked at him.

"Uh. I'm... I just wanted some fresh air. That's it."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Come on, Amber. I can tell that you're lying."

My eye widened.

"What? How?"

He chuckled at my reaction.

"I can tell. I don't know how. But I can tell. So would you like to tell me what happened?"

My eyes burned with unshed tears.

How do I tell you that my mother is cheating on my dad and that I just want to die?

"I...um..."

I swallowed hard. The lump in my throat made it difficult to speak.

"Is it about your mother?"

He was cautious, like he knew he was talking to someone who would break because of a single wrong move. Like I was some kind of china doll that'll shatter upon one wrong word. And he was right. I was so close to shattering.

"Y-Yes. My mother... She...is cheating on..."

I couldn't complete the sentence because Jimin's arms enclosed around me in a warm hug. My head on his chest, I could feel his heart beating fast, just like mine. I embraced him back. His arms around me strangely gave me comfort. It made me feel safe. And that's when the tears started falling.

"Shhh. It's alright."

He kept mumbling sweet nothings, while I sobbed.

It hurts so much.